Brewer Fanatic

Season’s Over [Therapy Thread]

Eye Black

So much for all the arguments for being the second best team so we don't have to face the mighty Dodgers in the NLDS. We ended up facing the toughest team to beat first. Perhaps in the future we should stop worrying about facing a particular team and focus on how ours is playing.

I think there was definitely a sufficient amount of angst that existed for how we were playing in September.

Right, I guess Thurston wasn't around these boards in September. Runaway division champs but probably the least fun of any September playoff run. The lone exception was being there when they finally clinched. I don't think I could have taken much more negative talk of this team, certainly didn't need more.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for all the arguments for being the second best team so we don't have to face the mighty Dodgers in the NLDS. We ended up facing the toughest team to beat first. Perhaps in the future we should stop worrying about facing a particular team and focus on how ours is playing.

I think there was definitely a sufficient amount of angst that existed for how we were playing in September.

Right, I guess Thurston wasn't around these boards in September. Runaway division champs but probably the least fun of any September playoff run. The lone exception was being there when they finally clinched. I don't think I could have taken much more negative talk of this team, certainly didn't need more.

Thurston was on these boards at the time. While many were stressed about the record I felt that was misplaced. I thought they were doing what they needed in keeping all their players as healthy as possible and lining up their pitching. My point was all the arguments about who we faced missed the point that it really doesn't matter what the record is of who you face in the playoffs. We were set up to do so as well as any team could be. Yet our playoff run was derailed by the team most here felt it was worth losing a few games to make sure we faced first. As was the run of the team many here preferred to lose a few games to miss having to face.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.