Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Freeman’s 8th inning HR off Hader breaks tie, and hearts]

Eye Black

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robot umps please in 2022. I can't take these umpires actively screwing us anymore. I can think of 7 calls offhand that went against us and none in our favor. The urias foul ball catch was a benefit, but it honestly seemed like the umps bet on the braves today

Go back through the GameDay. A few of the ones we were “screwed on” were strikes. People fail to realize ANY sliver of the ball over the plate is a strike. Additionally, we got MANY strike/ball calls in our favors. Umps sucked, but it went both ways. Our hitters just sucked and the end results of ABs never seemed to benefit us.

Um, wut. Did you actually watch the game?

Robot umps please in 2022. I can't take these umpires actively screwing us anymore. I can think of 7 calls offhand that went against us and none in our favor. The urias foul ball catch was a benefit, but it honestly seemed like the umps bet on the braves today

Go back through the GameDay. A few of the ones we were “screwed on” were strikes. People fail to realize ANY sliver of the ball over the plate is a strike. Additionally, we got MANY strike/ball calls in our favors. Umps sucked, but it went both ways. Our hitters just sucked and the end results of ABs never seemed to benefit us.

Yup! Honestly, go through the GameDay on the MLB website. We got plenty of calls in our favor.

I love this baseball team. I’ve loved them since I was 6 years old listening to them on the radio. Today wasn’t our day, it was frustration multiplied. But some day, it will be our day. Some day, the Milwaukee Brewers are going to win the World Series. See ya guys next season.

Love it.

Sorry, people. This team was not special in any way. 1982 will always be the gold standard.

Don't take this wrong but please - we have to stop talking about 1982. This is as bad as Packers fans waxing poetic about the Lombardi all those years before 1989 (and GB actually won). That was a great team but it is ancient history now.

Thank You, Brewerfan.net for providing a great space to talk about and cheer for the Crew. Thanks to all of the moderators for keeping this thing going. Love coming here and sharing with ya'll

Came here to say just this. I appreciate this community a lot, even in the dark times.

Here’s hoping we all find better things:

Dude, the "umps screwed us and only us" line of thinking is tired. It happens here all season and gets terribly old...

The umps always suck both ways.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It's been fun watching these games with all of you. We'll believe together again next year.

The good news is: these pitchers are very good.

Agreed on all accounts.

Same here.

The offense needs some massive upgrades.

Yelich and Hiura... something's gotta get fixed. Lots of time in the hitting lab. In the case of Yelich, I recall that Braun did make a recovery and became solid, if not his MVP-esque form.

But the offense needs to be fixed. Whether they find those players in NPB or KBO, or find some gems in free agency, this team needs offense.

AMEN.

Sorry, people. This team was not special in any way. 1982 will always be the gold standard.

Don't take this wrong but please - we have to stop talking about 1982. This is as bad as Packers fans waxing poetic about the Lombardi all those years before 1989 (and GB actually won). That was a great team but it is ancient history now.

Then win a damn World Series instead of glowing about what a special team this is in August.

Edited by PinaMadness

It's only ancient history if you were not able to experience it.

I understand, all those that were not born yet in 82 would never understand the sheer joy of that season, which ended in the most heartbreak I have ever experienced in my years of fandom.

Again, I get why people tire of hearing about it, but sadly, it's the most success this team has ever experienced, so there you have it...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The manager has to help get a struggling team over the hump with some big decisions. Counsell actively hurt the cause today. Shame on him for being outmanaged this badly today not to mention the brutal decision of yesterday. Yelich needs to look in the mirror but so does Counsell.

I watched the game live and sawv where the actual pitches went. There was no both ways. The umps we're either coincidentally incompetent in the braves favor of they were out to get us. If you don't agree then you need...something

Alright man, think how you want. . I watched the game, the on screen pitch track, and the MLB.com pitch track. Every pitch.

Clearly you are upset about the game and rational non bias thoughts are not in your favor right now. Have a nice night, see you in the off season discussion threads.

Well well well. End of the road for 2021.

The shortest possible summary for me is...

Pitching: A+

Defense: B

Hitting: D+

Base-running - B (but sample of runners too small).

On the good side, I really enjoyed being on this board as the newest of newbies and as a recent --but deliberate-- Brewer fan. And I especially enjoyed spending many pleasant afternoons and evenings listening to Ueker, Jeff, & Laine on the internet 'radio.' It was a good season, except for that unshakable regret that we seem to have coasted a bit too much after clinching the division, and the indisputable reality that this team just didn't hit enough when it really counted. I pray that Christian Yelich finds his way again, because he's hit rock bottom.

I hope to join y'all again for a good ride next summer. When does spring training start?

Cheers, thanks, peace, & blessings to all!

Beery

Glad you could join us...See you next year.

Thanks!