Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Freeman’s 8th inning HR off Hader breaks tie, and hearts]

Eye Black

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been fun watching these games with all of you. We'll believe together again next year.

The good news is: these pitchers are very good.

Same.

But there’s probably at least one of those good pitchers who will be traded for bats in the offseason. Just a craptacular offense in the postseason. And some real questions about Counsell’s management down the stretch have every right to be asked.

Well well well. End of the road for 2021.

The shortest possible summary for me is...

Pitching: A+

Defense: B

Hitting: D+

Base-running - B (but sample of runners too small).

On the good side, I really enjoyed being on this board as the newest of newbies and as a recent --but deliberate-- Brewer fan. And I especially enjoyed spending many pleasant afternoons and evenings listening to Ueker, Jeff, & Laine on the internet 'radio.' It was a good season, except for that unshakable regret that we seem to have coasted a bit too much after clinching the division, and the indisputable reality that this team just didn't hit enough when it really counted. I pray that Christian Yelich finds his way again, because he's hit rock bottom.

I hope to join y'all again for a good ride next summer. When does spring training start?

Cheers, thanks, peace, & blessings to all!

Beery

Lol, not swinging on a strike to end the game. That's exactly how it should end.

It's the Andy Haines School of Hitting ... never protect the plate with 2 strikes ... swing for the fences or watch a called 3rd strike.

Dumping him and rethinking their offensive approach is job one in the offseason.

It should have been done last year.

So, how do we improve the offense for next season. A legitimate 1B? CF also seems like it needs to be improved

There is no legitimate 1B that will be available in the off season at least not in FA and for trades it is rather barren also. CF should be fine Cain wasn't all that bad this year. The Brewers will have to replace Garcia in RF with someone not sure who and if Yelich and Hiura don't bounce back there isn't much the Brewers are going to do anyways. The best FA option is Bryant and he is more than likely out of the Brewers price range.

The only other option really to get a good bat would be to trade Hader in the off season and see if you can get an impact bat for him but that is probably the best option the Brewers have to getting another impact bat in the lineup.

Thank You, Brewerfan.net for providing a great space to talk about and cheer for the Crew. Thanks to all of the moderators for keeping this thing going. Love coming here and sharing with ya'll
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

At this point, the ways that this franchise just continues to find new and excruciating ways to break my heart is bordering on cruelty.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Sorry, people. This team was not special in any way. 1982 will always be the gold standard.

Lol. What a dumb comment.

I'm inclined to agree they weren't anything special. They could only hit crappy pitching all year and as soon as the lights came on they were a wet paper bag, save for their one SP who did his job and got 1 swing to win a game. People can call it venting or whatever they want. But 95 wins, winning a division and bowing out 3-1 in the NLDS is completely forgettable.

Yelich stinks, Hader's making a nice routine of this and Counsell, who is usually decent, had a pretty bad series.

Yelich is going to set back this franchise way more than he helped it.

Yep. This window is going to be way shorter than it otherwise would have been because of that awful contract hampering our flexibility.

Agree. It would be nice if they just hit him 7th at least. That would help a little.

Edited by StearnsFTW

On the good side, I really enjoyed being on this board as the newest of newbies and as a recent --but deliberate-- Brewer fan. And I especially enjoyed spending many pleasant afternoons and evenings listening to Ueker, Jeff, & Laine on the internet 'radio.' It was a good season, except for that unshakable regret that we seem to have coasted a bit too much after clinching the division, and the indisputable reality that this team just didn't hit enough when it really counted. I pray that Christian Yelich finds his way again, because he's hit rock bottom.

I hope to join y'all again for a good ride next summer. When does spring training start?

Beery

Glad you could join us...See you next year.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Beery

I like coming here for Brewers baseball. When does the hot stove start? I'm ready for a vacation, but I'll miss the sheer terror of playoff baseball until (hopefully) next October.

Robot umps please in 2022. I can't take these umpires actively screwing us anymore. I can think of 7 calls offhand that went against us and none in our favor. The urias foul ball catch was a benefit, but it honestly seemed like the umps bet on the braves today

Go back through the GameDay. A few of the ones we were “screwed on” were strikes. People fail to realize ANY sliver of the ball over the plate is a strike. Additionally, we got MANY strike/ball calls in our favors. Umps sucked, but it went both ways. Our hitters just sucked and the end results of ABs never seemed to benefit us.

Sorry, people. This team was not special in any way. 1982 will always be the gold standard.

Lol. What a dumb comment.

I'm inclined to agree they weren't anything special. They could only hit crappy pitching all year and as soon as the lights came on they were a wet paper bag, save for their one SP who did his job and got 1 swing to win a game. People can call it venting or whatever they want. But 95 wins, winning a division and bowing out 3-1 in the NLDS is completely forgettable.

Yelich stinks, Hader's making a nice routine of this and Counsell, who is usually decent, had a pretty bad series.

I know you are. I stand by my statement.

It's been fun watching these games with all of you. We'll believe together again next year.

The good news is: these pitchers are very good.

Agreed on all accounts.

Same here.

The offense needs some massive upgrades.

Yelich and Hiura... something's gotta get fixed. Lots of time in the hitting lab. In the case of Yelich, I recall that Braun did make a recovery and became solid, if not his MVP-esque form.

But the offense needs to be fixed. Whether they find those players in NPB or KBO, or find some gems in free agency, this team needs offense.

I love this baseball team. I’ve loved them since I was 6 years old listening to them on the radio. Today wasn’t our day, it was frustration multiplied. But some day, it will be our day. Some day, the Milwaukee Brewers are going to win the World Series. See ya guys next season. Edited by titletownking