Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Freeman’s 8th inning HR off Hader breaks tie, and hearts]

Eye Black

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We sure seem to look at a lot of strike threes.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Is it more Yelich's back at this point, or is the knee still bothering him somewhat? I know firsthand how much a broken knee can continue to ache after a bad fracture. But he just looks lost up there.

Yeah, he doesn’t run anymore he just limps along with a stiff knee. :rolleyes

Maybe their is some truth to Yelich getting tipped off on pitches.

No idea if it's true or not but the last couple of years sure do seem like karma after he jumped on Darvish and said he didn't need to cheat to beat him (or something similar).

Rowdy is a strong man. That ball went a long way.

Man, that was mean and I was fooled. I figured I was behind and you had me excited for a second.

Haha, sorry about that.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I thought Garcia was one of the fastest guys on the team. Looked like he had a small piano on his back trying to run that one out.

I don't think he was running that hard...maybe there is an injury there otherwise would piss me off seeing a teammate not busting it down the line in an elimination game on a ball that he could make a close play

Is it more Yelich's back at this point, or is the knee still bothering him somewhat? I know firsthand how much a broken knee can continue to ache after a bad fracture. But he just looks lost up there.

I would say running and swinging are two completely different motions so it's still completely possible. I don't believe the guy forgot how to play over night, if his knee doesn't hurt, or it's not his chronic back pain it's very possibly a mental issue because he's paranoid of reinjury.

Maybe their is some truth to Yelich getting tipped off on pitches.

That's my suspicion too.

Unlikely. You don’t go from MVP two years (basically) to a pile of trash worse than you were prior to becoming an MVP because you stopped being tipped on pitches.

Even if you know the pitch you still have to hit it well. Even if he was getting pitches tipped you can’t tip anywhere near every pitch.

Just know way you can become that good under those circumstances.

I can run just fine, if I need to. I can't put any torque on my knee. Different kind of stress.