Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Freeman’s 8th inning HR off Hader breaks tie, and hearts]

Eye Black

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Asking for multiple innings from Hader is a fair request for this game. Asking for Burnes to pitch makes no sense.

It actually makes a lot of sense when it's an elimination game and managers do it all the time in the postseason when there is no game 5 if you lose.

Community Moderator
Asking for multiple innings from Hader is a fair request for this game. Asking for Burnes to pitch makes no sense.

It actually makes a lot of sense when it's an elimination game and managers do it all the time in the postseason when there is no game 5 if you lose.

Except that it doesn't work. You saw the numbers earlier in this thread.

aaaand Morton struggled all game and didn't get out of the 4th. Have you just not looked at the stats on short rest at all? That move has consistently not worked over the years

Then add in that this is even more extreme for Burnes since he hasn't been on normal 4 day rest this season, so it's actually two days early not 1.

I really don't know what the right decision was but this argument holds less water seeing as how Lauer kinda crapped the bed today. Would Burnes have gotten results as poorly as Lauer if he pitched on short rest? We'll never know.

Lauer didn't really do badly. Feel like the only hard hit ball was the leadoff double. Rest were bloopers and weak contact. Then of course the last inning: bloop hit, walk which of course was bad (after all the delays), then a bs hbp guy sticking his arm over the plate. Boom, over. He did not get rocked around.

Community Moderator
Any chance woody is available for 20-30 pitches in the pen. it would be is normal throw day on regular rest

I keep thinking this too...we'll see. I doubt it at this point, but you never know.

There he is!

aaaand Morton struggled all game and didn't get out of the 4th. Have you just not looked at the stats on short rest at all? That move has consistently not worked over the years

Then add in that this is even more extreme for Burnes since he hasn't been on normal 4 day rest this season, so it's actually two days early not 1.

I really don't know what the right decision was but this argument holds less water seeing as how Lauer kinda crapped the bed today. Would Burnes have gotten results as poorly as Lauer if he pitched on short rest? We'll never know.

Lauer didn't really do badly. Feel like the only hard hit ball was the leadoff double. Rest were bloopers and weak contact. Then of course the last inning: bloop hit, walk which of course was bad (after all the delays), then a bs hbp guy sticking his arm over the plate. Boom, over. He did not get rocked around.

That's actually fair. Lauer did get 5 outs the first?(it was so long ago) inning as well, I guess in retrospect he didn't do that bad.

If Woody is available, sure would’ve been nice if he could’ve came in with the lead to bridge the gap a bit.

I support this post.

Seems like it would have made sense.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Please don't walk him ahead of Freeman.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

That was a NASTY pitch.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early