Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Freeman’s 8th inning HR off Hader breaks tie, and hearts]

Eye Black

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Gustave on the roster if he can't get a righty out and give you a couple of innings?? Where is Sanchez?? I don't understand what these guys are doing.

I would argue Gustave is solely on this roster as an absolute emergency arm OR an arm to eat some innings if we are getting shellacked. Sanchez is not on the NLDS roster.

If that is the case then you can't pull one of your aces in the fourth inning of a 0-0 game then right??

End of debate already. Good grief!

No one is expecting him to go 6 or 7 innings.

But Burnes for 2 or 3 innings at 80-85% which is what he said he is, is probably better than most of the options in the pen.

Edited by adambr2

Be patient at the plate, guys.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

aaaand Morton struggled all game and didn't get out of the 4th. Have you just not looked at the stats on short rest at all? That move has consistently not worked over the years

Then add in that this is even more extreme for Burnes since he hasn't been on normal 4 day rest this season, so it's actually two days early not 1.

I am all for Burnes not starting, but CC Sabathia says hello (Not counting his 4 straight start on 3 days rest of course...lol)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

aaaand Morton struggled all game and didn't get out of the 4th. Have you just not looked at the stats on short rest at all? That move has consistently not worked over the years

Then add in that this is even more extreme for Burnes since he hasn't been on normal 4 day rest this season, so it's actually two days early not 1.

I really don't know what the right decision was but this argument holds less water seeing as how Lauer kinda crapped the bed today. Would Burnes have gotten results as poorly as Lauer if he pitched on short rest? We'll never know.