Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Freeman’s 8th inning HR off Hader breaks tie, and hearts]

Eye Black

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Not pitching Burnes in this game is a travesty.

You can either choose to believe that he wasn't physically ready to go today, or not. I'd rather have Burnes pitching and starting in game 5. We have to win both games, no matter what. Just winning this game so we can lose game 5 accomplishes nothing.

Hader pitched 3 innings in game 7 of the NLCS and then the bullpen blew the game after he came out. You have to cover all 9 innings.

A few innings from Corbin Burnes would have helped accomplish that.

Once again, Burnes said himself he's not available. Why are we talking about it like it was an option?

He never said he was not available. Didn't say that at all.

And secondly, did you think he was going to throw his manager under the bus?

Scoring 4 runs and then being unable to pitch is a travesty.

He is able! Please! Give Burnes the ball!

Don't believe he cannot pitch today ... he is over a decade younger than 3-day-rest-Charlie-Morton who started for the Braves!

You can either choose to believe that he wasn't physically ready to go today, or not. I'd rather have Burnes pitching and starting in game 5. We have to win both games, no matter what. Just winning this games so we can lose game 5 accomplishes nothing.

same.

why are we beating this dead horse anyway?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

You can either choose to believe that he wasn't physically ready to go today, or not. I'd rather have Burnes pitching and starting in game 5. We have to win both games, no matter what. Just winning this games so we can lose game 5 accomplishes nothing.

The thing is though, you'd have Woodruff for Game 5. ( and they likely will have him available for innings if there is a Game 5)

Why is Gustave on the roster if he can't get a righty out and give you a couple of innings?? Where is Sanchez?? I don't understand what these guys are doing.

I would argue Gustave is solely on this roster as an absolute emergency arm OR an arm to eat some innings if we are getting shellacked. Sanchez is not on the NLDS roster.

Why is Gustave on the roster if he can't get a righty out and give you a couple of innings?? Where is Sanchez?? I don't understand what these guys are doing.

you want those gas cans in the game?

pitching?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

same.

Because it's a message board and debating things is what we do.

Lights too bright for Ashby. Urias has made some great defensive plays.

Bullpen will have to make its last stand. Rough not having Suter or Williams. Instead of them covering 2-3 innings, we've got Gustave and JBJ pretending to be on the roster.

Lights too bright for Ashby. Urias has made some great defensive plays.

Bullpen will have to make its last stand. Rough not having Suter or Williams. Instead of them covering 2-3 innings, we've got Gustave and JBJ pretending to be on the roster.

Yup. It's extremely challenging when we see a Starter not make it into the middle innings. Such a loss and certainly compounded there.

aaaand Morton struggled all game and didn't get out of the 4th. Have you just not looked at the stats on short rest at all? That move has consistently not worked over the years

Then add in that this is even more extreme for Burnes since he hasn't been on normal 4 day rest this season, so it's actually two days early not 1.

same.

Because it's a message board and debating things is what we do.

And we are in the 6th in an elimination game and none of us are rational right now. At least I’m not