Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Freeman’s 8th inning HR off Hader breaks tie, and hearts]

Eye Black

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Orlando Arcia vs. righty reliever which the TV announcers fail to tell us ... going to commercial break.

Thought they said Boxberger.

They did. These announcers are idiots

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The explanation for leaving Lauer in to bunt so he can be pulled two outs later better be some Sparky Anderson level decision making or it's a bonehead move especially after yesterday.

Hated when he made that move even though I was in the minority. Runs are so premium right now and we left one on the board all for 2 more outs of Lauer.

The explanation for leaving Lauer in to bunt so he can be pulled two outs later better be some Sparky Anderson level decision making or it's a bonehead move especially after yesterday.

is your expectation for the manager that he can predict if the pitcher next inning is going to get in a bases loaded situation or not. or if they give up a 3 run HR. The guys not a wizard

Hated when he made that move even though I was in the minority. Runs are so premium right now and we left one on the board all for 2 more outs of Lauer.

Pat Murphy must have approved the decision.

Community Moderator
What if you told me back at the start of April that in a playoff game we brought in Hunter Strickland when the opponent brought Orlando Arcia to the plate?

I would have said, "they'll probably counter with Eddie Rosario."

"We're playing Cleveland in the World Series?"

The plan going into the inning wasn't to pull Lauer after 2...just how the inning developed. If you fail to recognize the circumstances in the moment when the decision was made, and then how those circumstances can later change and require a new move, then you're going to constantly be baffled by baseball managers decisions. Can't be so naïve

I dunno, I thought it was fine. It's not like the PH we use is a guarantee of a much better result. I'd have shot for the upside of Lauer getting through 5 or 6, and then we still had Adames up with the bases loaded. It was still very favorable for us.