Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Freeman’s 8th inning HR off Hader breaks tie, and hearts]

Eye Black

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom of 2nd, runners on 1st and 2nd, one out. Broken bat fly ball out to Yelich. He catches it. The runner at 2B had taken off on contact. Yelich lobs it to Wong who touches the base and tags Freeman, who was on 1st before, at about the same time…..

If Wong would have tagged Freeman first, before touching the bag, the run would have been allowed to score UNLESS the team would have appealed the play (not left the field of play) to get a 4th needed out!!! Check it out…. Not talked about.

Yup, that would've been the rare time where a 4th out in an inning would've been possible.

I'm following everything up until the appeal portion. What is this?

Stepping on 2nd base would be the appeal (As you would be appealing the tag up, which obviously he left before the ball was caught). If you never step on 2nd, the runner successfully tags up from 2nd and the run counts.

Hard to believe were at this point but I'd probably pick Urias as the guy I'd want up most in a run scoring opportunity. I know Wong has been bad this series, but that would probably be my close call as he's just generally gonna give a good AB

Yelich should not be playing OF next year. He sucks in just about every way. Makes me wish we still had Braun running around.

The curse of posing nude in ESPN Magazine and then dissing a concerned mom who thought he wasn't role modeling well ... hmmm ...

I watched Roxanne, the movie, last night to try to remove this curse

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Why didn't Avi slide there?

That is NOT the fundamentals of baserunning ... lucky there.

Coach Cooper would have fined him, then benched him, then fined him again...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Just got home and opened a beer. The next thing that happened was Morton throwing that error to first. I'm going to keep drinking and see what happens.

You are my spirit animal

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8