Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Freeman’s 8th inning HR off Hader breaks tie, and hearts]

Eye Black

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing with fire with our 5th starter in an elimination game ... by the way, that last batter should have been called out for a swinging strike three.

We know your take. But, your characterization is a bit off. Is having a 3.1 ERA typical of the "5th starter" reputation you're trying to push. Then add in that he had a 2.6 ERA the 2nd half of the year which was one of the best in baseball.

The best part was Ron Washington's reaction. No point in even bothering to turn him around, just let him cross home plate.

He was a dead duck once he turned around and started running to third. No point stopping him. Might as well pray Yelich drops it and you score on it.

That is on their 3rd base coach. He wasn't telling Duvall to go back

I am pretty sure Duvall didn't even pick up the 3rd base coach the runner on 1st base who had the best view of the ball didn't even pick it up and was full out running to 2nd base. That was just some really bad baserunning like Duvall was trying to run back to the locker room to see if there was anything left over from the pre-game meal.

I saw Duvall just take off and thought double-play immediately. I guess you can afford to be aggressive on the base paths when you don't fear the other team's offense.

Still, gotta make teams pay for giving away outs.

Let's not act like the Braves offense has been much better. Sure they have had a few more baserunners but their ability to push runs across has been pretty reliant on the homerun ball

Watching this team be late on fastballs right down the pipe is maddening. Red sox would have had three bombs by now.

Brave pitchers will probably get pounded if they throw the same thing against any other lineup.

Edited by yourout

I saw Duvall just take off and thought double-play immediately. I guess you can afford to be aggressive on the base paths when you don't fear the other team's offense.

Still, gotta make teams pay for giving away outs.

Let's not act like the Braves offense has been much better. Sure they have had a few more baserunners but their ability to push runs across has been pretty reliant on the homerun ball

At least they're scoring runs.