Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Freeman’s 8th inning HR off Hader breaks tie, and hearts]

Eye Black

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish he was hitting off the bench, frankly.

Yes! A pinch hit walkoff ground out would probably do wonders for Yeli. I like the way you think!

In all seriousness, I don't understand why CC didn't sit Yeli for the remainder of the season post playoff clinch. The guy needs a reset or something. Maybe a Coke and a Smile. I dunno. He's just not right.

Nice hit LoCain!

Fixed it for you.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Does anyone think that Yelich has a single ounce of confidence in himself?

I think mentally, he is a mess.

Visually he looks like a massive mess when batting. He just looks defeated after poor swings and K’s…more so than he did in 2018-2019.

Maybe I am wrong…but seems like it.

Probably for multiple reasons, his timing is just way out of whack and it doesn't look like his legs are in his swing at all....that side angle of his swinging 3rd strike looked like his legs, waist, arms, and hands were all working opposite of each other instead of being sync'ed.

I really can't stand listening to these announcers

I appreciate our homer announcers a lot more every time I have to listen to these knobs.

Not cool having Jeff Francoeur as the lead analysis for these games. He played many years with the Braves and ended his career there. Now is lead analyst for Braves telecasts. It would be like having Rock as a lead analyst for these games, I'm sure the Braves fans would be thrilled.

Community Moderator
Yeli's approach has been pretty good. I don't think he swings at more balls than he did in 2019. That's why he is OPSing in the mid-.700s and not the mid-.500s. Swing mechanics are the issue...he hasn't been the same since the injury.

Does anyone think that Yelich has a single ounce of confidence in himself?

I think mentally, he is a mess.

I sure would be.

I think Yelich's mental toughness is a lot stronger than most on this board...at least based on so many of these IGT posts

You had to know that coming in. Still, he's human, and he knows he's not at his best. That's no fun for any of us. Fortunately, the mentality of bums like me doesn't matter.

The Brewers are well on their way to joining the 1966 Dodgers as the only teams in the last century to get shutout in 3 straight postseason games.

That Dodgers team lost the first game of the World Series 5-2 to the Orioles before getting shut out in the next 3, two of them by 1-0 scores.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The Brewers are well on their way to joining the 1966 Dodgers as the only teams in the last century to get shutout in 3 straight postseason games.

That Dodgers team lost the first game of the World Series 5-2 to the Orioles before getting shut out in the next 3, two of them by 1-0 scores.

Sir, it is the 2nd inning.