Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Freeman’s 8th inning HR off Hader breaks tie, and hearts]

Eye Black

Does anyone think that Yelich has a single ounce of confidence in himself?

I think mentally, he is a mess.

I sure would be.

I think Yelich's mental toughness is a lot stronger than most on this board...at least based on so many of these IGT posts

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best we can manage with a guy struggling to locate is a weak grounder that wasn't quite weak enough.

0 for 19 with RISP. Record is 0 for 22. At this rate, might match that by next inning.

Be sharp, Lauer. Morton had to work. That's the glimmer of hope.

0 for 19 is reaching improbable status. You'd figure on even some sort of dumb luck hit happening, like a broken bat flair that finds the grass. It's remarkable to see how bad the offense has been.

Can’t get lucky if you don’t put the ball in play

I am not Shea Vucinich

But sure, keep batting Yelich 3rd because he used to be good years ago.

Agreed, I don't like Yelich in the 3 hole given his lack of power this year. Wish him and Adames were flipped. Yelich in the 1 or 2 spot would be better. Have a feeling you're wishing he was hitting 8th though...

Well then you’d be wrong

I sure would be.

I think Yelich's mental toughness is a lot stronger than most on this board...at least based on so many of these IGT posts

ROFL! You should see some of the IGTs for EPL Soccer - those folks make the doomiest and gloomiest on this board look outright optimistic :)

Back on topic - I've been expecting Yelich to "get it" again for months now. I won't stop now - not the time to go negative. Get in there and knock the cover off the ball, Yeli!

But sure, keep batting Yelich 3rd because he used to be good years ago.

Agreed, I don't like Yelich in the 3 hole given his lack of power this year. Wish him and Adames were flipped. Yelich in the 1 or 2 spot would be better. Have a feeling you're wishing he was hitting 8th though...

Well then you’d be wrong

I wish he was hitting off the bench, frankly.

Visually he looks like a massive mess when batting. He just looks defeated after poor swings and K’s…more so than he did in 2018-2019.

Maybe I am wrong…but seems like it.

I wish he was hitting off the bench, frankly.

Yes! A pinch hit walkoff would probably do wonders for Yeli. I like the way you think!

In all seriousness, I don't understand why CC didn't sit Yeli for the remainder of the season post playoff clinch. The guy needs a reset or something. Maybe a Coke and a Smile. I dunno. He's just not right.

Nice hit LoCain!

Visually he looks like a massive mess when batting. He just looks defeated after poor swings and K’s…more so than he did in 2018-2019.

Maybe I am wrong…but seems like it.

Which is kind of my point. His mental state is probably taking over his physical performance.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Everyone expecting Yeli to suddenly "get it" again after 2 years of not getting it is exactly why we have him batting 3rd with our season on the line.

It’s managerial malpractice for Craig to have him in the top of the lineup. I could understand him leading off with his OBP but other than that he should be no higher than 6. I appreciate the guts of Cain. Guy is fighting out there. Also Cain getting in scoring position to keep the 0 for RISP going is hilarious.

I really can't stand listening to these announcers.

I appreciate our homer announcers a lot more every time I have to listen to these knobs.

Jeff Francouer is a former Brave; the other guy seems to enjoy talking about the Braves and Braves Country quite a bit.