Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-11 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Peralta) at Braves (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black

Community Moderator
I watch these games on a stream, but I've seen this ad with Kershaw talking about what he's throwing no less than 400 times in 2 games of this series.

It appears even nationally televised postseason games can’t find a decent variety of advertisements to air. Guess it isn’t just an FSWI thing.

The TBS stream via the app was so terrible that I switched over to a "third-party" site that uses an MLB.tv stream. Added bonus--no commercials!

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pitch Peralta...sigh of relief there. I wouldn't hate seeing us attack early this inning. Anderson has been throwing a lot of first pitch strikes and I expect he'll continue. Even if it means a potentially easy inning, I don't think it would be a bad strategy to get aggressive. Edited by KeithStone53151

What's the overall scoop on Peralta? He's still pretty young and this is clearly his breakout season as a starter. Is he viewed as a legit ace-type long term? I love his slider.

He has a ton of potential. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him be 1B to Byrnes’ 1A next season and clearly better than Brandon Woodruff.

What's the overall scoop on Peralta? He's still pretty young and this is clearly his breakout season as a starter. Is he viewed as a legit ace-type long term? I love his slider.

Great stuff ... solid makeup. Consistency is sometimes an issue, as it is with a lot of young starters. If he isn't neck-and-neck talent wise with Burnes and Woodruff, the step below is miniscule.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

A legit #1 or #2 SP? Certainly. Ace? Maybe. Funky delivery, good movement, "effectively wild" type. I don't see him quite as an ACE (top 5-10 SPs), but as a #1 SP (top 30). Depends on how well he can "control" his movement.

Nice pitch Peralta...sigh of relief there. I wouldn't hate seeing us attack early this inning. Anderson has been throwing a lot of first pitch strikes and I expect he'll continue. Even if it means a potentially easy inning, I don't think it would be a bad strategy to get aggressive.

You called it. Yelich ambushed a first pitch strike.

These announcers are a little annoying. They seem more pro-Braves than I'd like.

They are dumb. The announcer just referred to that screaming liner as 60mph off the bat to describe it being hard hit.

Does he not know how hard balls come off the bat? 60mph would be really dang slow.

That's not what he said. He was making a comment that baseball is funny sometimes in that Swanson can hit a screaming liner for an out, yet Riley hit a 60mph 10-hopper for an base hit.