Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-11 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Peralta) at Braves (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black

Willing to give it more than an inning but this feels like one of those stretches where the game is over if we go down 0-2. Basically what every Brewers fan feared, the offensive disappearing completely for the worst possible 5 days.

Feels like we are going to need very timely hits bunched together or a big fly with guys on. Don’t have a ton of confidence in the offense putting a lot of guys on.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Willing to give it more than an inning but this feels like one of those stretches where the game is over if we go down 0-2. Basically what every Brewers fan feared, the offensive disappearing completely for the worst possible 5 days.

Feels like we are going to need very timely hits bunched together or a big fly with guys on. Don’t have a ton of confidence in the offense putting a lot of guys on.

This was always going to be the plan. This team is built on pitching/defense. They're going to have to be mostly perfect. The Braves starters are also pitching very well so have to give them some credit.

You guys constantly bash Yelich(likely because of how much $$ he makes, but who cares), and never bash all the other guys in the lineup that continue to swing at horrible pitches. Criticize fine, but be equal about it.

No. Sorry, but this is a thing. It's acceptable for some players to OPS .730, and not acceptable for others.

Community Moderator
I still think Yelich should be batting leadoff. He has the 2nd-highest OBP in this lineup. He's feeling pressure to drive the ball. Let him excel at what he's good at lately which is drawing walks and hitting singles. Worry about the home runs again in March.

You guys constantly bash Yelich(likely because of how much $$ he makes, but who cares), and never bash all the other guys in the lineup that continue to swing at horrible pitches. Criticize fine, but be equal about it.

No. Sorry, but this is a thing. It's acceptable for some players to OPS .730, and not acceptable for others.

The money is 100% the reason why to care about Yelich hitting the way he is. The team has limited resources, and they have invested a large amount of those resources in one guy, so he's expected to be significantly better

You guys constantly bash Yelich(likely because of how much $$ he makes, but who cares), and never bash all the other guys in the lineup that continue to swing at horrible pitches. Criticize fine, but be equal about it. But I said it last game, if/until the crew decides to change their philosophy and buy big bats(more than 1) the only way they will ever win a world series is with an incredible amount of luck. The longer they wait while the stud arms are still young, the smaller the window becomes. I'd have thought they would understand this concept, but it appears as of yet they do not, or simply refuse to do it.

How dare someone have different expectations for a guy with a $200mil contract that incredibly limits how much money we have to fill other positions on the team.

You guys constantly bash Yelich(likely because of how much $$ he makes, but who cares), and never bash all the other guys in the lineup that continue to swing at horrible pitches. Criticize fine, but be equal about it. But I said it last game, if/until the crew decides to change their philosophy and buy big bats(more than 1) the only way they will ever win a world series is with an incredible amount of luck. The longer they wait while the stud arms are still young, the smaller the window becomes. I'd have thought they would understand this concept, but it appears as of yet they do not, or simply refuse to do it.

My God.

They DID think they were buying a big bat. This was supposed to be Christian Yelich and this was explained yesterday.

You say "who cares" to how much money Yelich makes like its just an unlimited resource we have to throw around. The amount of criticism Yelich is taking (and why he's taking more than the others) is DIRECTLY proportionate to his salary.

The unintended irony in your post is that the guy you are defending is THE EXACT REASON we don't have money to spend on other "big bats".

I think maybe the high expectations from Yelich --based on past excellence-- make his misses and near misses seem worse. Also, when the rest of the lineup struggles, we expect even more from Yelich. I'm not mad at the guy, heck no, I just feel bad for him. But somebody a has to start hitting.

This offense is so pathetic these days I am basically cheering for them to make the pitcher average 15 pitches an inning. I considered the 2nd inning a success when he threw his 30th pitch.

I really hope no matter how this ends that we have a new hitting coach next year.