Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-11 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Peralta) at Braves (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black

Of course, pitching Lauer would somewhat neutralize Freeman, and keep Pederson on the bench.

Keeping Pederson on the bench has led to four out of the 7 runs that ATL has scored in the series.

That is perhaps where not having Suter in this series has hurt. No way the Braves hit Pederson against Suter.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, pitching Lauer would somewhat neutralize Freeman, and keep Pederson on the bench.

Keeping Pederson on the bench has led to four out of the 7 runs that ATL has scored in the series.

I still think you go Burnes for game 4 and relieve him with Lauer. Burnes is your number 1. You pitch him in an elimination game if you can.

I checked earlier, and unfortunately does not look like any chance of rain tomorrow to move things back a day. That said, Lauer has been so good it's not like we should be tooooo worried about pitching. The offense is the killer

I still think you go Burnes for game 4 and relieve him with Lauer. Burnes is your number 1. You pitch him in an elimination game if you can.

I get it. There’s no good answers, and you have to get to game 5 for it to matter. But a fully rested Morton against our offense while we throw a bullpen game in game 5 is not appetizing.

I get it. There’s no good answers, and you have to get to game 5 for it to matter. But a fully rested Morton against our offense while we throw a bullpen game in game 5 is not appetizing.

Why would we throw a bullpen game? Woodruff would be on full rest. He would absolutely go for Game 5 if Burnes pitched in Game 4.

Edited by adambr2

How many extra base hits do we have this series? One?

They have two doubles today. Rowdy's HR in game 1 and Adames 2B in game 2.

Edited by Baldkin

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I don't think the Braves pitching is actually that great.

I am guessing the Dodgers take them out in 5....maybe even 4.

I agree with your first point.

As for your 2nd point, the Dodgers will have zero chance of beating the Braves, because they won't play them. Brewers in 5.

Why would we throw a bullpen game? Woodruff would be on full rest. He would absolutely go for Game 5 if Burnes pitched in Game 4.

Woodruff should be available to start game 5 no? Plus Peralta only through 50 pitches today so would think he may be available for a few innings out of the pen?

I don't think game 5 would be a bullpen game at all.

Woody on four days rest, in an elimination game, is probably only going five, if you’re lucky. Houser is probably toast, and no Suter. Yeah, that’s pretty much a bullpen game.

Woodruff should be available to start game 5 no? Plus Peralta only through 50 pitches today so would think he may be available for a few innings out of the pen?

Woody on four days rest, in an elimination game, is probably only going five, if you’re lucky. Houser is probably toast, and no Suter. Yeah, that’s pretty much a bullpen game.

Huh? Why? 4 days rest is normal rest.

Nice job by the pitching again, unfortunate Houser had an off day but as noted before can't win a game scoring zero. Have to find a way to score runs tomorrow. Think the home crowd and energy can push them to victory on Thursday but need to get there first.

What about Peralta for relief in game 5?