Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-11 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Peralta) at Braves (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt this series makes it back to Milwaukee. Braves have just looked like the better baseball team all series.

It doesn't matter how good your starting pitching is if you're scoring less than 2 runs per game, you're not going to win in October.

The Brewers were without a doubt the better looking team in Game 1.

We’re they though? Braves would have scored early in game and had plenty of chances. Can’t remember the brewers having much for chances in the 1st game.

If we're still playing to win this game Houser needs to come out fast. If we're punting for tomorrow, that's a dangerous decision in a 5 game series.

You really think we're scoring 4 runs in the remainder of this game? They really don't have a choice but to punt for tomorrow and it'll be all hands on deck for Games 4 and 5. They're not winning this game now.

I think the chances of scoring 4 runs in 5 innings is just as good as winning two games in a row against the Braves, yes.

CC certainly got backed into a corner by this record-setting horrible offense. if last years offensive performance wasn’t the worst in playoff history, this year’s performance is going to take that award. just pathetic.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

If we're still playing to win this game Houser needs to come out fast. If we're punting for tomorrow, that's a dangerous decision in a 5 game series.

You really think we're scoring 4 runs in the remainder of this game? They really don't have a choice but to punt for tomorrow and it'll be all hands on deck for Games 4 and 5. They're not winning this game now.

I think the chances of scoring 4 runs in 5 innings is just as good as winning two games in a row against the Braves, yes.

Two wins is not implausible. If they can steal tomorrow they'll have Burnes going at home in Game 5.

They've scored 2 runs this entire series. The idea that they're going to triple that in the next 4 innings seems a lot more implausible to me.

Yeah, this is where the randomness of October gets you.

Bad luck on a couple of hard hit balls, and then a guy catches up to a pitch you wouldn't have wanted anywhere else.

Baseball is cruel, man. It is very cruel.

It's not random. Our rag tag scrubs can't hit and they have 30+ bomb guys up and down the line. They hit a few bombs and we rejoice when we get a single. Aces are great but can't win with literally 0 runs.

I mean, do you want Cain and Wong to be able to throw the ball from home plate? I get being frustrated, and, yes, the offense was bad, but it wasn't like those guys had bad ABs.

The offense has been bad this series. It is bad. That is not debatable. But short of having Freeman, Albies, and Trout hitting 8,9,1, what more do you want from that inning? I hate the results, but I have no gripe with the process. Are you saying you would have built this team differently from the jump?

The offense sucked most of the year. It’s no surprise it sucks during the playoffs

Except for a couple of games against the Cubs, the offense has been routinely weak.

What's the point of arguing about who pitches tomorrow, when nobody is going to score?

Overcoming a 1-run lead is a big ask for this team. Overcoming a 3-run lead in the playoffs looks like trying to climb Denali in flip-flops. Misery.

And Yelich is back to taking strikes again. MISERY I tell you!

Counsell is apparently conceding this game, realizing that 3 runs is an insurmountable deficit.

Or he's simply sticking with a good pitcher who made one bad pitch.

Two singles, a home run and a walk sounds like more than one bad pitch.

It sounds more like a guy who doesn’t have his good stuff.

Edited by BruisedCrew
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I am just dumbfounded that runs are at such a premium they would pull a dealing starter after 4 but won't sit Yelich against a lefty.

Yelich went 1-3 with a BB on Sunday. The team had 6 hits total. He wasn't the problem.

There's no way around the reality that Yelich is a major problem on this team as constructed and as it looks now, will continue to be one. We have a bad slap singles hitter making 30 million a year. If he had regressed to Marlins level, we'd probably be OK and at least a semi-watchable offense.

I am just dumbfounded that runs are at such a premium they would pull a dealing starter after 4 but won't sit Yelich against a lefty.

Yelich went 1-3 with a BB on Sunday. The team had 6 hits total. He wasn't the problem.

They didn't play Sunday but point taken, you like how the offense is run, I get it.