Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-11 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Peralta) at Braves (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black

I think that was the right call by Counsell just didn't work out. Houser and Lauer are both back in the pen and available. Given the offense we've seen so far this series, you have to try to capitalize on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Obviously didn't work out but that's a move you have to make, might not get a better opportunity this game Edited by roadcrew3

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with the move. The offense has been terrible and even one run could win it. You have Houser who can pitch the rest of the game if need be. Just didn't work out.

Same, the brutal offense put him in a bad spot. I could've seen either way, but I lean towards the PH as was done. Bad luck that all three guys had generally good ABs and hit the ball hard. If Cain's hit gets through there's a good chance there at 2-0 with Peralta still in the game. And now of course the first pitcher in is struggling, just brutal luck if you're the manager.

I mean, if Peralta hits there, that's an automatic out. Now you still need a hit from Wong. In the meantime, you can run Houser out there, who has the ability to shut teams down, for six innings if you have to.

The calculus is simply what's more important: runs now or preventing runs later? IMO, it's runs now, since you have other pitchers who can prevent runs later. Sometimes decisions don't work out.

I think that was the right call by Counsell just didn't work out. Houser and Lauer are both back in the pen and available. Given the offense we've seen so far this series, you have to try to capitalize on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Obviously didn't work out but that's a move you have to make, might not get a better opportunity this game

Yup.

Houser needs a double play here.

Couldn't score against Anderson.

12 outs to work with against the pen. Get out of this clean or even down 1, I still feel alright.

I think that was the right call by Counsell just didn't work out. Houser and Lauer are both back in the pen and available. Given the offense we've seen so far this series, you have to try to capitalize on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Obviously didn't work out but that's a move you have to make, might not get a better opportunity this game

EDIT: I got nuthin'

Edited by Nola Beery

I mean, if Peralta hits there, that's an automatic out. Now you still need a hit from Wong. In the meantime, you can run Houser out there, who has the ability to shut teams down, for six innings if you have to.

The calculus is simply what's more important: runs now or preventing runs later? IMO, it's runs now, since you have other pitchers who can prevent runs later. Sometimes decisions don't work out.

See what you are saying, but this aged poorly.