Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-11 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Peralta) at Braves (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprisingly, they said on one of the telecasts last night that the winner of game 3 in a DS in which the teams go in tied at 1-1 has only gone on to win the series 54% of the time. I didn’t catch how many series or how many years this covered but that seems counterintuitive.

Even recognizing that, this is undeniably a huge game. I don’t think the Brewers can go 6 innings without getting a runner in scoring position again.

Anderson is more than capable of shutting down the Brewers like Morton and Fried did and like he did in May. Peralta is capable of shutting down the Braves too, but I don’t think the Brewers have any inherent pitching advantage in this game.

538 gives the Braves a 57% chance of winning.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I don't know if I'm ready for this game. After two long tailgates and even longer baseball games, I'm still recovering from Saturday.

Freddy on the bump. I like the chances for the 'Crew today.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Freddy coming off two kinda rough starts where he only had 1 walk in each start but was just getting hit a lot more than he had been all season. Hoping a little extra rest is what he needed to feel good for the playoffs. Brewers plan seems to be to nibble around the edges early in counts and make the Braves swing at bad pitches to put them away, and seems like Braves have also had some difficulty squaring up fastballs in this series so hoping that all bodes well for Freddy's approach.

A few walks may be necessary for Freddy to pitch his best game.

Nothing like having the Holiday off.

This game is the one that really worried me going into the series. Freddy just hasn’t been that great the last two months and he always seems like the prime candidate to implode.

Ian Anderson was really good in the 2020 postseason, hope that doesn’t carry over to this year.

Not trying to jinx anything, but i'm going to post career stats of Braves hitters vs Freddy Peralta

Soler - never faced

Freeman - 2 for 9, 1 2B, 1BB, 2K

Albies - 1 for 7, 1 2B, 2 BB, 1 K

Riley - 1 for 2, 1 BB, 1 K

Duvall - 0 for 1, 1 BB

Rosario - 0 for 4, 2K

D'Arnaud - never faced

Swanson - 0 for 5, 2 BB, 1 K

So he hasn't really racked up the punchouts against these guys, but he's done excellent limiting them thusfar. Considering the lack of punchouts and Freddy tends to be a flyball pitcher, I'm a bit nervous about Yelich in LF. It is what it is though, he's obviously not getting benched. Just a bit of cause for concern.

Took me a few days to get approved, but I've enjoyed reading your all's takes on the games as they unfold. Looking forward to this afternoon, but Peralta's stuff scares the hell out of me.

Best of luck to you all!

Thanks. Good luck as well.

Been a tight series so far, as expected. I am fully thinking it'll go 5 at this point. Hope all our nerves can take it.

I posted this for Game #1 and we won the game. Didn't do so for game #2 and we lost. I'm going to bring it back for Game #3 so that we win again.

Here's a little diddy I just whipped up this morning. Enjoy [smile]

Let’s Goooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

It’s time! It’s time to feel the magic,

The march to rings begins, anything less would be tragic.

Our hearts and cheers go out to thee,

The ones that play on a field of glee.

The boys of summer rightfully play

Now it’s time for the for them October stay!

Adames, Escobar, Burnes and Hader

Braves beware, our boys are crusaders.

The smell of the grass, the crisp of the air,

The Crew will march on, to the NLCS, I swear!

It starts today, this is the real deal,

Best bring your A-Game, it’s about to get real.

Sorry Braves fans, there won’t be an appeal.

Your hearts…brewers will steal.

Let’s Gooooooooo!!!!

Counsell and his Crew are well equipped to outsmart the Braves brass,

We’ll get an early lead and we’ll not let off the gas.

Our pitching will thwart any attempts the Braves have to pass

Onto the next round, the Brewers will be ahead of the class.

It’s starts today, our march for the ring,

Like the Bucks in Six, the Crew too will sing.

We Are The Champions! We Are The Champions!

Yell it out to the mountains, Brewers Win Brewers Win!!!

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprisingly, they said on one of the telecasts last night that the winner of game 3 in a DS in which the teams go in tied at 1-1 has only gone on to win the series 54% of the time. I didn’t catch how many series or how many years this covered but that seems counterintuitive.

Even recognizing that, this is undeniably a huge game. I don’t think the Brewers can go 6 innings without getting a runner in scoring position again.

Anderson is more than capable of shutting down the Brewers like Morton and Fried did and like he did in May. Peralta is capable of shutting down the Braves too, but I don’t think the Brewers have any inherent pitching advantage in this game.

538 gives the Braves a 57% chance of winning.

Adam McCalvy

@AdamMcCalvy

·

25m

From MLB Network research:

The winner of Game 3 in a best-of-five postseason series tied at 1-1 has gone on to win the series 39 of 54 times (72.2%) entering 2021.

Surprisingly, they said on one of the telecasts last night that the winner of game 3 in a DS in which the teams go in tied at 1-1 has only gone on to win the series 54% of the time.

I don't think that is correct.

The winner of Game 3 in a best-of-five postseason series tied at 1-1 has gone on to win the series 39 of 54 times (72.2%) entering 2021.

I'll be at school all afternoon, DVR set, will watch when I get home.

Now I just have to have blinders on, hoping no one spoils it for me...

What a stupid time to start a playoff game for those that work...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'll be at school all afternoon, DVR set, will watch when I get home.

Now I just have to have blinders on, hoping no one spoils it for me...

What a stupid time to start a playoff game for those that work...

I'll be at school all afternoon with YouTube TV on my computer while students work on a project...

If this goes 5 games, Brewers got this. I honestly think we need to stand up at home today and tomorrow or else it's over for us.

Burnes is just so tough at home. If we lose today, I expect Morton tomorrow and Fried for a game 5 if necessary.

Should be fun. You all have a really fun squad to follow. If we don't get past you, I'll be rooting for you all for sure.

Surprisingly, they said on one of the telecasts last night that the winner of game 3 in a DS in which the teams go in tied at 1-1 has only gone on to win the series 54% of the time.

I don't think that is correct.

I am wondering if the difference might be that the 54% is Division series only (1995 to present) while the 72.2% number includes the DS as well as the LCS from 1969-1984 when it was best of 5. Just a guess at why there may be a difference.

If this goes 5 games, Brewers got this. I honestly think we need to stand up at home today and tomorrow or else it's over for us.

Burnes is just so tough at home. If we lose today, I expect Morton tomorrow and Fried for a game 5 if necessary.

Should be fun. You all have a really fun squad to follow. If we don't get past you, I'll be rooting for you all for sure.

Looks like we've got a good series going. Thanks for the complimentary words. I wish I could say good luck .....but that'll have to wait for now.