Brewer Fanatic

Game 5: Packers @ Bengals - Sunday, October 10th, Noon

homer

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King wasn't anywhere near the play. I can understand why people would think that though.

The network put the camera on King like it was him, I think that's where the confusion was. Inexcusable not to knock that down but he was probably a little out of control sprinting to get in position.

King wasn't anywhere near the play. I can understand why people would think that though.

The network put the camera on King like it was him, I think that's where the confusion was. Inexcusable not to knock that down but he was probably a little out of control sprinting to get in position.

Here's a breakdown of the play.

It's amazing how defenses know the ball is going to Adams and they still can't stop it.

Is Davante Adams the best Packers WR of all-time? He might not have the longevity numbers (yet), but he’s probably the most talented.

It's still Sterling Sharpe, but I would think DA would be right behind him.

It's amazing how defenses know the ball is going to Adams and they still can't stop it.

Is Davante Adams the best Packers WR of all-time? He might not have the longevity numbers (yet), but he’s probably the most talented.

It's still Sterling Sharpe, but I would think DA would be right behind him.

I’d argue he doesn’t have the longevity numbers either, but he also didn’t play with Favre (much) or Rodgers either. Stellar QB play has buoyed WR stats for the last 20-some years (see Jennings, Greg).

Thoroughly outplay Cincy for most of the first half, other than their first drive on a short field, and piss it all away on one dumb play. Our defense is so bad.

That’s a fair assessment, although the defense looked pretty good for the first 29 minutes. I think you could assign equal blame across all 3 phases. Rodgers had the pick, plus special teams had 3 miscues (missed PAT, 31-yard punt, and a 43-yard return).

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Thoroughly outplay Cincy for most of the first half, other than their first drive on a short field, and piss it all away on one dumb play. Our defense is so bad.

That’s a fair assessment, although the defense looked pretty good for the first 29 minutes. I think you could assign equal blame across all 3 phases. Rodgers had the pick, plus special teams had 3 miscues (missed PAT, 31-yard punt, and a 43-yard return).

The defense did play good, like I said. For most of the first half. But like they said, 0 - 15 in the last 15 tries against opposing offenses in the red zone. You play well for 29 minutes and 23 seconds and then give up a 70 yard crossing route. It's just things "good" defenses don't do. This shouldn't be a 2 point game. For multiple reasons.