Brewer Fanatic

Game 5: Packers @ Bengals - Sunday, October 10th, Noon

homer

Yellow line was a yard short. Thanks, Fox

The lines were wonky all day.

Last week I kept thinking Watt was lining up offsides but saw the line was off the last time I noticed it and he really wasn't on that play. It doesn't seem that hard, line up the line of scrimmage on the ball and on first down have the computer put the line to gain 10 yards downfield, how can they be a half a yard off?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Packers out-gained the Bengals 466-367 and won the turnover battle 2-1, yet the margin of victory was razor thin because:

Special Teams = Poop Show

Red Zone Offense = Poop Show

Red Zone Defense = Poop Show

End of Half / Game Defense = Poop Show

Coin Tosses = Poop Show

This is why Daddy drinks.

Yellow line was a yard short. Thanks, Fox

The lines were wonky all day.

Last week I kept thinking Watt was lining up offsides but saw the line was off the last time I noticed it and he really wasn't on that play. It doesn't seem that hard, line up the line of scrimmage on the ball and on first down have the computer put the line to gain 10 yards downfield, how can they be a half a yard off?

And we're supposed to trust automated strike zones?

The Packers out-gained the Bengals 466-367 and won the turnover battle 2-1, yet the margin of victory was razor thin because:

Special Teams = Poop Show

Red Zone Offense = Poop Show

Red Zone Defense = Poop Show

End of Half / Game Defense = Poop Show

Coin Tosses = Poop Show

This is why Daddy drinks.

Yet W is all that matters. That's the NFL these days, as Packer fans we think we're tye only ones. But here we are, 4-1. Plenty of time to clean things up, get players back, and contend. I'm actually glad they're not hitting on all cylinders yet, way too long to go to sustain that.

Lost in all of this, Kevin King apparently exited the game with a shoulder injury. :laughing

Well, I get why you think it is funny as it is predictable but Jaire returning at all this season is a question mark and Gilmore was totally going to sign with the Packers if released but was traded. Stokes has been bright spot but we seem to be a bit snake bitten at CB right now.

Lost in all of this, Kevin King apparently exited the game with a shoulder injury. :laughing

Well, I get why you think it is funny as it is predictable but Jaire returning at all this season is a question mark and Gilmore was totally going to sign with the Packers if released but was traded. Stokes has been bright spot but we seem to be a bit snake bitten at CB right now.

Obviously, I’d rather have King at 100% the rest of the year. But I do find it laughable that he injures his shoulder (the very same injury he came into the league with) when all heck is breaking loose … because of course, right?

Obviously, I’d rather have King at 100% the rest of the year. But I do find it laughable that he injures his shoulder (the very same injury he came into the league with) when all heck is breaking loose … because of course, right?

Yeah I was so worried about the shoulder early in his career but that sort of went away but he still misses numerous games. Guy gets hurt on Friday walk throughs.

I watched that video. The poor guy doesn’t even get to watch the end of the game because FOX cut to to Giants and Cowboys (who were a combined 12-20 last year but are on at 3:00 pm for some reason).

They cut to Cardinals-49ers here in Arizona, too. LUCKILY, I had Red Zone going on my tablet so I was able to see the winning kick "live."

I know those casts that people do (I assume that was on Twitch) are very popular, but I don't get it. Watching a guy sit there and screaming and yelling? I do that myself, why would I want to watch someone else do it? It seems like watching a game would become secondary to watching him and what's the point of that?

More power to him, I guess.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Vikings: Kicker misses game winning FG. Kicker fired. Memes produced. Mass despair.

Packers: Kicker misses game winning FG (three times). Packer still win.

This is way Mason Crosby is so great. He combined all the game winning FG misses into one game and still kicks the game winning FG....

Weird game! I ended up watching the game after knowing the final score (I'm not sure if I'm glad or not...) so I was saved from the highs and lows that you all went through.

Zero shot he makes this.

This is not "an attempt at a reverse jinx". This is just straight up whiney pessimism. I get the doubt while watching the game, but why is it on this forum that the negative predictions are so absolute, yet there is so much question in the positivity? I mean, do you guys always watch sports expecting the absolute worst case scenario every time? I can't understand that.

Vikings: Kicker misses game winning FG. Kicker fired. Memes produced. Mass despair.

Packers: Kicker misses game winning FG (three times). Packer still win.

This is way Mason Crosby is so great. He combined all the game winning FG misses into one game and still kicks the game winning FG....

Weird game! I ended up watching the game after knowing the final score (I'm not sure if I'm glad or not...) so I was saved from the highs and lows that you all went through.

Hey the Vikings had a game winning kick yesterday. Yes it was against Detroit but it still counts right?

So is Cincy cutting McPherson too?

I know you're kidding buuuut I guarantee McPherson doesn't feel great about his job security today compared to yesterday. He's a rookie. It doesn't take a lot of rookie struggles for a team to just go find another kicker. Roberto Aguayo was a talented enough kicker for a team to spend a 2nd round pick on him and yet once he started struggling it pretty much immediately killed his career before it started.

As yesterday showed though, even trusted veteran kickers are not immune to bad days of missing multiple clutch kicks. And conversely, just because you're an unproven kicker doesn't mean you can't be trusted with a clutch kick.

With that said, they'll stand by McPherson -- for now. He's made some clutch kicks this season, so he's already shown he can do that. But if he had one more game like yesterday, I can guarantee you three would at least be discussion of moving on. Such is the life of an NFL kicker with little professional track record.

Now, Crosby's track record will and should buy him a pass. It would take another day like yesterday before he'd really start turning heads, and probably a 3rd day like it before they would really consider moving on. Track record and a patient team are two very important things to the longevity of an NFL kicker.

If you don't have either you had better get over your yips very quickly if you get them. Tough job. You can't have too many bad days at the office.

Edited by adambr2

So is Cincy cutting McPherson too?

I know you're kidding buuuut I guarantee McPherson doesn't feel great about his job security today compared to yesterday. He's a rookie. It doesn't take a lot of rookie struggles for a team to just go find another kicker. Roberto Aguayo was a talented enough kicker for a team to spend a 2nd round pick on him and yet once he started struggling it pretty much immediately killed his career before it started.

As yesterday showed though, even trusted veteran kickers are not immune to bad days of missing multiple clutch kicks. And conversely, just because you're an unproven kicker doesn't mean you can't be trusted with a clutch kick.

With that said, they'll stand by McPherson -- for now. He's made some clutch kicks this season, so he's already shown he can do that. But if he had one more game like yesterday, I can guarantee you three would at least be discussion of moving on. Such is the life of an NFL kicker with little professional track record.

Now, Crosby's track record will and should buy him a pass. It would take another day like yesterday before he'd really start turning heads, and probably a 3rd day like it before they would really consider moving on. Track record and a patient team are two very important things to the longevity of an NFL kicker.

If you don't have either you had better get over your yips very quickly if you get them. Tough job. You can't have too many bad days at the office.

You get 1 day like that. After 2 there's a serious problem, track record or not. Especially for a contending team. He's going to have to hit more game winners this season.

My assumption on kickers would be that suddenly missing numerous kicks to one side would be attributed to a mechanical problem that day, whereas missing randomly would be indicative of a mental problem.

Weather obviously wasn't a factor. I could be wrong but it feels like all of Mason's "yip" days in his career came in games that were either in a dome or played with almost no weather factor.

I watched that video. The poor guy doesn’t even get to watch the end of the game because FOX cut to to Giants and Cowboys (who were a combined 12-20 last year but are on at 3:00 pm for some reason).

They cut to Cardinals-49ers here in Arizona, too. LUCKILY, I had Red Zone going on my tablet so I was able to see the winning kick "live."

I know those casts that people do (I assume that was on Twitch) are very popular, but I don't get it. Watching a guy sit there and screaming and yelling? I do that myself, why would I want to watch someone else do it? It seems like watching a game would become secondary to watching him and what's the point of that?

More power to him, I guess.

It's the same reason this thread is 15 pages, most of which are all real time posts during the game. People like watching games with people and talking about what's happening. On Twitch there's also a chat room where you can talk to the streamer and other people. In the clip he mentions they have 10,000 people so I'm picturing that chat as this thread on steroids.

My assumption on kickers would be that suddenly missing numerous kicks to one side would be attributed to a mechanical problem that day, whereas missing randomly would be indicative of a mental problem.

Weather obviously wasn't a factor. I could be wrong but it feels like all of Mason's "yip" days in his career came in games that were either in a dome or played with almost no weather factor.

Interesting that Lafleur basically called out other aspects of the fg unit as a reason for some of yesterday's missed kicks.

At the end of the day, Crosby is the one kicking the ball....but if there are inconsistencies with snap/hold and protection, the timing gets thrown off and suddenly its tough to find any consistency.

I thought I saw at least twice where Crosby was animated towards either the snapper or holder after missed kicks on the field - not shifting everything away from Crosby, but it seems like the fg unit is doing its part to be as dreadful as kick coverage and punting units for gb's atrocious special teams

I thought I saw at least twice where Crosby was animated towards either the snapper or holder after missed kicks on the field - not shifting everything away from Crosby, but it seems like the fg unit is doing its part to be as dreadful as kick coverage and punting units for gb's atrocious special teams

Rodgers made a comment about "make sure we're giving him laces every time", so it appears there were some consistency issues. They do have a new holder who came in late in camp, and they've had some protection issues too.