Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-08 (NLDS Game #1): Braves (Morton) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Rowdy provides a run saving defensive play early and hits a 2-run HR late; Burnes pitches 6 scoreless innings]

Eye Black

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We knew all season the playoffs were going to be pitching duels and low scoring game...here we are!!

Gotta get more competitive ABs against Morton though if nothing else just to drive up the pitch count and get to their pen. Feel like this team all season primarily produced later in games against teams pens.

What is the point of the base cam?

Does it really add anything to our enjoyment or understanding of the game to see close ups of a runner’s spikes kicking dirt into the camera?

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Man it's got to be tough knowing if you give up a run the team likely loses.

For Morton or Burnes??

Braves offense certainly isn't doing much more than ours

The braves are having far more competitive at bats.

It's only a matter of time before they hit a mistake.

Great recovery by Burnes after those first two hitters of the game.

Almost have to pinch hit for him now to see if they can get something started. But, I don’t like the feeling that one gopher ball from the bullpen probably loses the game.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Omar seems to be giving up on pitches that this ump might be willing to call a strike. Frame them!

There was a curveball against Albies that Burnes threw in the 1st or 2nd inning that was beautifully placed and had plenty of the plate and it stood no chance to be called a strike because of how badly Narvaez caught it.

Community Moderator
What is the point of the base cam?

Does it really add anything to our enjoyment or understanding of the game to see close ups of a runner’s spikes kicking dirt into the camera?

Yes

There was literally a play in the NL wild card game where we were all wondering if a foot touched the bag or not.

Omar seems to be giving up on pitches that this ump might be willing to call a strike. Frame them!

There was a curveball against Albies that Burnes threw in the 1st or 2nd inning that was beautifully placed and had plenty of the plate and it stood no chance to be called a strike because of how badly Narvaez caught it.

Can't speak for the one earlier in the game, but the one last inning was on Burnes. If you aren't anywhere near the location intended the catcher has to chase it and simply can't frame it.