Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-08 (NLDS Game #1): Braves (Morton) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Rowdy provides a run saving defensive play early and hits a 2-run HR late; Burnes pitches 6 scoreless innings]

Eye Black

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Community Moderator
Took care of business.

I’m a little worried about Omar, he looked like he had the postseason jitters today. It didn’t cost us but it might have.

Did you watch the 9th?

I’ll take that to mean the play didn’t look as scary as Ueck called it. But the pitch framing did look suspect when I was watching.

I wonder if Lauer will get the nod after Woodruff tomorrow like Houser did today?

Does this mean that CC has no faith in the bullpen guys who normally come in after the starter?

If we use Lauer like we used Houser tomorrow, what do we do when Freddy starts game 3? (I fully expect Freddy to be our game 3 starter at this point) Can Houser pitch another 2 or 3 innings in game 3?

So many questions, but just happy as hell we got the win.

The Williams injury is just so huge to comprehend, just a tragic thing to happen to this team.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I know the series isn't over because we won, and it wouldn't have been over if we had lost, but man, it felt like it was really important that we won this one.

Totally. I mean had Hader blown the opener of a 5 game series it would sure feel over. Seems like game we would lose 60% of the time the way it went, a big 2 run dinger the difference on a day we did nothing else a the plate. Huge win.

I know the series isn't over because we won, and it wouldn't have been over if we had lost, but man, it felt like it was really important that we won this one.

The odds of winning the DS after winning the first game is like 75%. It can fluctuate based on recent years…but it’s a huge win.

Given the way this roster is constructed, it would have been a really huge below to lose the game with Burnes starting. (Even though Morton is also a postseason beast.)

I wonder if Lauer will get the nod after Woodruff tomorrow like Houser did today?

Does this mean that CC has no faith in the bullpen guys who normally come in after the starter?

If we use Lauer like we used Houser tomorrow, what do we do when Freddy starts game 3? (I fully expect Freddy to be our game 3 starter at this point) Can Houser pitch another 2 or 3 innings in game 3?

So many questions, but just happy as hell we got the win.

The Williams injury is just so huge to comprehend, just a tragic thing to happen to this team.

I’m all for pitching our best pitchers and winning/losing with them. Loved that Peralta and Houser were up or pitching late innings instead of Boxberger (who had a very good season).

Our five starters should be pitching 90 plus percent of the innings. They have been our best pitchers.

I also would like to see Burnes in Game 4 regardless if up 2-1 or down 1-2. If we sweep, he pitches Game 1.

Great win - happy and relieved! Two to go...

It would be nice to get some more offense, but man Morton was legitimately tough. Nothing he threw was straight or the same as the pitch before and he had great command until late.

I had some sense that Hader got tight in the playoffs, shades of the Nationals loss where a young Soto zapped him, lefty on lefty no less.

PS I have no idea what is going on with the rotation. Maybe Freddy getting throws in was a ruse and he just needed some tosses due to the layoff anyway.

The odds of winning the DS after winning the first game is like 75%. It can fluctuate based on recent years…but it’s a huge win.

68.75%

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Going back to read the Game thread. Had to loosely follow the game in Gameday while driving in rush hour traffic in and around Spokane, Warshington. That 9th was mildly stressful!

I coukdn’t believe I couldn’t find the game on National am radio.

Going back to read the Game threa. Had to loosely follow the game in Gameday while driving in rush hour traffic in and around Spokane, Warshington. That 9th was mildly stressful!

Been wanting to say something, just haven't.

I know you aren't getting a lot of replies to your posts, that seems to be how it works here for the newbies for whatever reason, but I appreciate your posts...

Keep it up.

There are a couple of new guys here lately that I think are valuable adds.

That's all, carry on...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Going back to read the Game thread. Had to loosely follow the game in Gameday while driving in rush hour traffic in and around Spokane, Warshington. That 9th was mildly stressful!

I coukdn’t believe I couldn’t find the game on National am radio.

Yeah, AM radio is a bleak landscape these days. A lot of the ESPN affiliates don't carry some of the live events, and every station chooses (football) talk over any other programming. If you're not in a team's local or on satellite, good luck.

I miss the days when you could pick up Reds games from just about anywhere in the Midwest.