Brewer Fanatic

2021 MLB Postseason: AL & NL Division Series Games

Eye Black

Gents, that was a fun series. Thanks for letting me pass through and enjoy the series with you all. It was definitely a lot of tough luck for you all and some timely fortune in the Braves favor, but I don't remember a more nail-biting series for me as a Braves fan.

Looking forward to more series with you all in the future. There should be plenty.

Urias caught that ball.

Good grief Rick. You're like the only one in the entire country dying on this hill. We all have eyes.

I believed what you did on first glance and even first replay but on the close up you'd have to be obscenely biased to stand your ground on something like this. Time to move on.

Good grief? Why so upset here?

A couple of things to keep in mind. One, your picture does not have the ball on ground. Also, please realize that ball WAS NOT coming straight down! It was slung from what 15 feet from the side, traveling more like a throw from a buddy LEFT to RIGHT with the glove coming hard RIGHT to LEFT. If it was coming down..straight down.. sure, your picture is a good one. It hits the lip of the glove is my belief yet until I see something different. I have seen it from several angles several times, also in super slow motion. No evidence of hitting dirt. Urias also seems genuinely pumped that he caught the ball.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I was expecting Flores to get a hit off Mad Max - but bad check swing call is a pretty awful way to end a great series. There's going to be some sort of rule put in to go to a quick replay and have the homeplate ump make the call on that instead of appealing to a guy 120 feet down the line in those spots.

The human element of that call should be that unless it's obvious in that spot, it's not a swing.

Literally the four teams I was rooting against. 3/4 from last year, with the other being the Red Sox. At this point, I'm going to go for the Astros. Can't stand the org, but I'd like to see Dusty win one. Seems every team that pushed him out for not getting far enough in the postseason has been worse off after.

Yea I'm really not sure what there is to hate about Atlanta teams and how they do things (putting aside any of the PC) things so I'd probably go for them. I probably go ATL, Hous, LAD, Boston in preference. I also really don't dislike anything about the Dodgers teams itself, it's just the principle of highest paying team and buying a title etc. They got their title last year so I'm fine to put them in the dislike camp now, whereas before I had 'well they do deserve one with how good they've been' type attitude.

Dodgers/Astros really does look like a heck of a matchup and could be a very good and entertaining series. Toss in the storyline from the cheating before and all that too.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I hate Joc Pederson, and that alone is enough for me to root against Atlanta.

That check swing call that the umps wouldn't even have the guts to say after the game was right or wrong "we don't wanna comment on that" lolol .... oof. I can't see myself watching another inning the rest of the way out. I would have watched a Rays game ..... Rays/WSox would have been a fun series. I just can't get into Red Sox Astros at all.