Brewer Fanatic

2021 MLB Postseason: AL & NL Division Series Games

Eye Black

Giants just turned an incredible double-play. Wow.

And we are lucky to have BA on the TV side. He's a pro. Glad he gets the chance for national paydays.

Edit: Yes, Jason. I love that about this site. I come here to post about a random cool play in a non-Brewers game, and somebody's a few seconds ahead of me. October is cool around here.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AL games aren’t following the common wisdom that playoff games are close and low scoring.

I just think the pitching staffs, top to bottom, are much better in the NL.

It sure looks that way among the playoff teams.

They can pile up runs against the likes of the Pirates, Cubs, Rockies, Diamondbacks, and Nats. But against each other the runs are a lot harder to come by.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Dodgers entered the game tonight on an eight game winning streak. They'd won 10 of their last 11, 13 of their last 15, 19 of their last 22.

All that momentum got them a grand total of zero runs.

Of course, they were playing a team with similar momentum.

From September 1 both teams were 23-7.

One of them had to lose.

Edited by BruisedCrew
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I can't wait till we win the World Series and this constant bickering about momentum entering the postseason can end.

Yep. It will be glorious. Much like when we ran away with the division after being said many times that two other teams were better than us. Sometimes I wonder if certain posters are even Brewers fans or if they are just here to stir a pot very carefully.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Man, did the Dodgers blast the Giants tonight! I can just imagine what their message boards are like right about now...

I really don't see anyone challenging them. They have outstanding pitching and by far have the best lineup to handle facing high-end arms.

Houston is probably going to face them in the championship and that's the one team that can maybe give them a run.

I'm watching the TB/Bos game. I noticed that they have a black tarp on the seats in the batters eye in CF. I remembered watching a game recently where fans were sitting there and thought it was odd that they allowed that. I could not remember if it was the wild card game or a regular season game. So, I went back and watched highlights of the wild card game and the Sept 25th game vs. the Yankees. Wild card game, fans were allowed to sit there. Sept. 25th (and today), it was blocked off with a black tarp. What is the rhyme or reason on when they allow fans to sit there? Edited by Patrick425

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I'm watching the TB/Bos game. I noticed that they have a black tarp on the seats in the batters eye in CF. I remembered watching a game recently where fans were sitting there and thought it was odd that they allowed that. I could not remember if it was the wild card game or a regular season game. So, I went back and watched highlights of the wild card game and the Sept 25th game vs. the Yankees. Wild card game, fans were allowed to sit there. Sept. 25th (and today), if blocked off with a black tarp. What is the rhyme or reason on when they allow fans to sit there?

Relay the signs?

Ha..I assume you are saying that tongue in cheek. Even if that was the case A) They only do it for certain games? and B) I believe MLB dictates where the batters eye is and where fans are not allowed to sit. Odd that during the WC game fans were allowed to sit there and for the NLDS they are not (or apparently in the regular season they were not allowed either).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Ha..I assume you are saying that tongue in cheek. Even if that was the case A) They only do it for certain games? and B) I believe MLB dictates where the batters eye is and where fans are not allowed to sit. Odd that during the WC game fans were allowed to sit there and for the NLDS they are not (or apparently in the regular season they were not allowed either).

Tongue firmly in cheek.....unless it's in Houston.

I guess I don’t understand balks. What is that motion by Houston’s pitcher? He keeps rocking and taps his toes.

There is a lot of movement allowed in today's game that was not allowed 10-15 years ago.

It's kind of ridiculous really.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If he does it every pitch and is consistent with it, then it's not a balk. I never understood that, but that is always the way they have explained that. Seems like it would be beneficial to a pitcher to add "deceptive movement" to your normal pitching delivery.

Never seen this TB/Bos play before and never though of it. How can that only be a ground rule double when the defender is the one who knocked it out of play? Guessing that rule will be tweaked after this.

Plus, as Vasgersian said, the ump has the discretion to score the run if its clear he'd score, yet they never have the balls to do it. This is probably the most obvious time of when they should since the guy was running on the pitch and already at 3rd when it bounced.