Brewer Fanatic

Game Times Are Out

BruisedCrew

Yeah, you can't, that's the point. The only way you're guaranteed to have a ticket at the World Series is by purchasing your postseason strip. Just having a playoff ticket was the holy grail for me about 10 years ago, but they've been good enough where I just want to do the World Series and probably a clinch game of the LCS.

If they do finally make a World Series...that's probably the end of my time as a SSH.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you can't, that's the point. The only way you're guaranteed to have a ticket at the World Series is by purchasing your postseason strip. Just having a playoff ticket was the holy grail for me about 10 years ago, but they've been good enough where I just want to do the World Series and probably a clinch game of the LCS.

If they do finally make a World Series...that's probably the end of my time as a SSH.

Fair enough.

Here the thing about resale of tickets:

We have one group that hates re-selling because it allegedly drives the price too high for the average fan.

We have another group just buying tickets they've got no interest in using, solely to re-sell.

But then we have the third group, pretty regular Joes of perhaps some modest affluence, who would never be willing to pay secondary market prices but can maybe afford the $1k per seat on season tickets. The Brewers then essentially back these folks into a corner and tell them the only guarantee of a World Series ticket is if they buy an entire strip of postseason games (that they know they can't attend). This strip of 13 games is 2-2.5x more than their entire 20 pack.

This fan is now, (hint: it's me), $6-7k in the hole on the season...and for all intents and purposes is now all but forced to participate in the secondary market re-sell just to finance their own 2-4 games they want to attend.

The re-sale end up just being an effort to recoup some of the money you've already spent.

If they just said "Pick 4 playoff games you want, we'll guarantee your seat, send us $1000 and we're good," I'd just do that. But that isn't what they do.

Wouldn’t it make cents to just spend all that lost money on seats to a few playoff games? Seems like a lot of hassle.

If the Brewers make the World Series, I’d be surprised if you could buy a non-standing-room-only tickets for less than $1k via StubHub. I know they were going for a lot in 2018. Heck, I was able to buy Terrace level tickets for World Series home game 1 in 2018 and I believe they were around $250 face-value.

And if it gets to the point of a clinching game, it will be drastically more expensive.

Here the thing about resale of tickets:

We have one group that hates re-selling because it allegedly drives the price too high for the average fan.

We have another group just buying tickets they've got no interest in using, solely to re-sell.

But then we have the third group, pretty regular Joes of perhaps some modest affluence, who would never be willing to pay secondary market prices but can maybe afford the $1k per seat on season tickets. The Brewers then essentially back these folks into a corner and tell them the only guarantee of a World Series ticket is if they buy an entire strip of postseason games (that they know they can't attend). This strip of 13 games is 2-2.5x more than their entire 20 pack.

This fan is now, (hint: it's me), $6-7k in the hole on the season...and for all intents and purposes is now all but forced to participate in the secondary market re-sell just to finance their own 2-4 games they want to attend.

The re-sale end up just being an effort to recoup some of the money you've already spent.

If they just said "Pick 4 playoff games you want, we'll guarantee your seat, send us $1000 and we're good," I'd just do that. But that isn't what they do.

Wouldn’t it make cents to just spend all that lost money on seats to a few playoff games? Seems like a lot of hassle.

If the Brewers make the World Series, I’d be surprised if you could buy a non-standing-room-only tickets for less than $1k via StubHub. I know they were going for a lot in 2018. Heck, I was able to buy Terrace level tickets for World Series home game 1 in 2018 and I believe they were around $250 face-value.

And if it gets to the point of a clinching game, it will be drastically more expensive.

I mean I paid $250 for terrace seat for game 7 in 2018 on the secondary market. Do you really think it would be four times as expensive for World Series tickets?

Even when the Bucks were in the Finals this past year I got a seat in an area half the capacity of Miller Park for $750 after all taxes and fees.

My guess is around $500 or so.

I think $500 is way low unless it's 0-3 and the game is Tuesday night or something.

No way you're getting in the door for $500 (remember the fees are insane) for a Game 1 in Milwaukee. My guess would be more like $800.

Stadium may be bigger but the World Series in your hometown is, as another poster called it, a bucket list item for a lot of people. This is a baseball town before a basketball one, with a much more far reaching influence across the state.

I think $500 is way low unless it's 0-3 and the game is Tuesday night or something.

No way you're getting in the door for $500 (remember the fees are insane) for a Game 1 in Milwaukee. My guess would be more like $800.

Stadium may be bigger but the World Series in your hometown is, as another poster called it, a bucket list item for a lot of people. This is a baseball town before a basketball one, with a much more far reaching influence across the state.

I mean there were like 60k people who came to watch outside the stadium for game 6, the Bucks support around this state isn't a joke anymore. I guess I wouldn't be that surprised if it's $800 after fees but $1k seems too high unless it's a possible clinching game.

It was great to watch the support the Bucks received downtown, but let's be real for a minute. A huge portion of that crowd was like 17-25, it was summer, it was free to be there and there was essentially no enforcement of the drinking age.

Hopefully we get to see what a World Series ticket costs.

I mean there were like 60k people who came to watch outside the stadium for game 6, the Bucks support around this state isn't a joke anymore. I guess I wouldn't be that surprised if it's $800 after fees but $1k seems too high unless it's a possible clinching game.

Just because a bunch of people stood outside the stadium to be trendy doesn't mean much. Anyone I knew that went to the Deer District watched zero games before the run and will likely revert to zero games next year....until the playoffs of course. Right now those people are just a trendy fair-weather crowd. Maybe Giannis is around long enough and wins another 'ship it can grow the fanbase a little bit...but the Bucks are not and will never be a strong interest much past a few hours from Milwaukee.

I would have to guess the first home game will be a fairly hot ticket. I cannot imagine a lot of SSHs will be selling their tickets for that one. If we get to host the Game 1 that will probably increase interest even more. If we aren't hosting then all bets are off. We could be down 0-2 going into that first home game or we could be up 2-0. Those scenarios would obviously alter prices by the hundreds.

A lot will really depend on how committed season ticket holders are to going versus the payout for selling. Not every day you can sell 2-4 games worth of tickets for thousands in profit. Obviously a lot of SSHs sell Cubs games because of the profit attached to those games that don't really hold such value compared to the other 70 home games to us. Of course there aren't 70 other World Series games if you sell...you may never get the chance to go ever again.

In 2011 I bought tickets on StubHub for the first World Series game that would have been in Milwaukee. They were Loge outfield seats (although they were row 1), but they were over $700 back then. If the Brewers make the World Series I don’t think you’ll be getting much for under $1,000 (maybe SRO or some nosebleed seats). If it comes down to a game 6 or 7 I bet those tickets will skyrocket.

And don't forget the absurd stubhub fees these days. It's a percent of ticket price, plus taxes, and other fees. So for Bucks game 7, roughly 1700$ ticket would get up to 2300ish area after fees, taxes, etc. I just clicked on an $850 ticket for Saturday and it comes to $1100 after everything. It adds up quick as you get to higher ticket prices.

In 2011 I bought tickets on StubHub for the first World Series game that would have been in Milwaukee. They were Loge outfield seats (although they were row 1), but they were over $700 back then. If the Brewers make the World Series I don’t think you’ll be getting much for under $1,000 (maybe SRO or some nosebleed seats). If it comes down to a game 6 or 7 I bet those tickets will skyrocket.

If the Brewers have a game 6 or 7 in the World Series I wouldn't expect anything under $1500 you may get SRO for $1200 but more than likely you will be paying close to $2000 a ticket for the upper level.

If the Brewers play the White Sox ouch that is going to be an expensive ticket probably something like $1500 just for the nosebleed seats. SRO will probably be around $1000 also.

Too high of expectations for the team that the NLDS just isn't a hot ticket. I am sure people are saving their opportunity/money to go to the NLCS/World Series. The NLCS games are already completely sold out. Not even sure how many were available to the 10 pack holders at 10am today.

Community Moderator
I'm going to try and buy NLCS game 6-7 tickets from the Giants when they go on sale later today. I have a feeling I'm going to be unsuccessful but it's worth a shot. Dropped the ball on NLCS tickets in Milwaukee but they usually drop more tickets when the game gets closer.

I'm going to try and buy NLCS game 6-7 tickets from the Giants when they go on sale later today. I have a feeling I'm going to be unsuccessful but it's worth a shot. Dropped the ball on NLCS tickets in Milwaukee but they usually drop more tickets when the game gets closer.

Yeah, it’s annoying that they release additional tickets later. I always try to buy Club level tickets. I was only able to buy Club Outfield as part of my 10-pack presale for NLDS game 5 (the only game I could attend), but then they released more tickets and I saw I could have bought Club Infield for the same price.

I was able to buy Club Outfield for home games 2 & 3 for the NLCS s part of the 10-pack presale this morning, and I’m assuming the same situation will occur next week.

Oh well, I’m just glad I could get tickets, and still get them on the Club level.

Too high of expectations for the team that the NLDS just isn't a hot ticket. I am sure people are saving their opportunity/money to go to the NLCS/World Series. The NLCS games are already completely sold out. Not even sure how many were available to the 10 pack holders at 10am today.

I wasn’t planning to get NLCS tickets because my daughters can only go to weekend games and we don’t know what games the Brewers might be hosting.

But, I did log in at 10 AM and the availability seemed to be similar to the NLDS.

I ended up buying 4 for the Brewers 4th home game because the only way that game would be played would be a Game 7 against the Dodgers, and that would be on a Sunday. If that game is played I should be able to find someone willing to go.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.