Brewer Fanatic

2021 MLB Postseason: AL & NL Wild Card Games

Eye Black

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea it's by far the logical thing and what we all should want. It's just whether logic can overcome guttural instinct for some folks. I look at as kind of a consolation prize, basically, well LAD didn't lose but at least Cards are out type thing.

What in the heck is going on with people having 2nd favorite and secondary teams?

Geez.

I just don't understand this logic at all.

Is it because you are used to your #1 team losing and just need another team to make you feel better?

I just can't spread any allegiance I have to a team. I have one favorite team in each sport, the rest I simply want to lose.

Do you stop watching the playoffs if your one and only team in a sport gets eliminated?

I guess I'm tempted to do so.

As a Saints fan through many droughts and famines, I learned to find another team to root for to keep my interest up; it was just natural.

But then, I could be watching a Bulgarian amateur soccer match and after 2 minutes I'll be cheering for one team or the other.

I'm all in. Send the Cards to the NLCS and avenge a lot of losing by taking out the Cardinals.

I don't care who wins tonight as long as the Giants beat them. Not because I fear Cardinal voodoo per se, moreso based on roster matchups and thinking the Brewers have the best chance to beat the Giants in a 7 game NLCS. I don't like the fact the Cards could toss Wainwright + a bunch of scrub lefty starters at a Brewer lineup that has proven to be inept at doing damage against that type of pitching - plus I think the Cards' lineup is plenty potent enough to score enough runs on the Brewers. Dodgers are simply the most talented team in the NL, and it'd be nails trying to beat them over 7 games. Brewers played the Giants very well during the season, and I think that would have a good chance to continue if they meet for a ticket to the WS.

Not saying I would give up if facing either the Dodgers or Cards in the NLCS, it would be sweeter beating either of them in the playoffs...

Edited by Fear The Chorizo

Glad I'm not playing, the lights are definitely too bright for me! I am not confident the Brewers have the cajones to rise to the pressure.

Cain has been there, done that; Wong has had a few big moments in the postseason, same for Woody and (to a slightly lesser extent) Burnes. Hader has certainly had his postseason ups (and downs). But that is really it, and the rest of this group is untested. I can live with that. The Brewers aren't (and will never be able to be) the 90's Yankees or current Dodgers where everybody up and down the lineup seems to be a grizzled postseason vet.

Dodgers lineup is just so filthy. Brewers obviously have some really good position players but in a head to head comparison, not sure Brewers would win at any spot. Cain over Bellinger is actually probably the only spot this season.

In a winner take all situation it's about a 50/50 on whether I would want the Dodgers or Cards.

In a 7 game series I would rather face the Cards.

Glad I'm not playing, the lights are definitely too bright for me! I am not confident the Brewers have the cajones to rise to the pressure.

Cain has been there, done that; Wong has had a few big moments in the postseason, same for Woody and (to a slightly lesser extent) Burnes. Hader has certainly had his postseason ups (and downs). But that is really it, and the rest of this group is untested. I can live with that. The Brewers aren't (and will never be able to be) the 90's Yankees or current Dodgers where everybody up and down the lineup seems to be a grizzled postseason vet.

For context…Hader let up zero runs in 2020 in 1 1/3 innings. Zero runs in 2018 in 7 appearances. So the down must be the weird wild card game? That’s his only runs he’s allowed in 3 years of postseason games for him. 1.46 era for career postseason.