Brewer Fanatic

2021 MLB Postseason: AL & NL Wild Card Games

Eye Black

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate a Cardinals win, I would love to see the Yankees and Dodgers take their half-billion dollars in payroll and go home.

This is where I'm at too. I'm going to be both satisfied and frustrated regardless of the result of tonight's game.

Worded perfectly, same here.

:angry

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

As much as I hate a Cardinals win, I would love to see the Yankees and Dodgers take their half-billion dollars in payroll and go home.

This is where I'm at too. I'm going to be both satisfied and frustrated regardless of the result of tonight's game.

I think in my perfect world, the Dodgers win tonight because I just want to be rid of watching/caring about STL - but are then handicapped with not being able to start Scherzer until game 3 against the Giants in the NLDS - and not having him available to start 2 of the games in a 5 game series is enough for the Giants to knock them off.

As much as it goes against every fiber of my being, I think I will be rooting for the Cardinals tonight only because I just don't think we can beat the Dodgers in a 7 game series.

Not like I'm going to go all out, but if I'm being logical, I just can't root for the Dodgers to satisfy my hate for the Cardinals.

Of course, once the game starts, and I see them take the field, I could do a complete switch, but this is how I am feeling currently.

As much as it goes against every fiber of my being, I think I will be rooting for the Cardinals tonight only because I just don't think we can beat the Dodgers in a 7 game series.

Not like I'm going to go all out, but if I'm being logical, I just can't root for the Dodgers to satisfy my hate for the Cardinals.

Of course, once the game starts, and I see them take the field, I could do a complete switch, but this is how I am feeling currently.

Yeah...no matter the outcome I'm just hoping for chaos and at least something to happen that really handcuffs the winning team - tonight I'll be happy because one of those teams loses no matter what. And then I'll put my Giants fanboy hat on in a big way for the NLDS - both because I loathe both wildcard teams and because I think the Giants would be the best matchup for the Brewers to get past and head to the world series.

Yeah...no matter the outcome I'm just hoping for chaos and at least something to happen that really handcuffs the winning team - tonight I'll be happy because one of those teams loses no matter what. And then I'll put my Giants fanboy hat on in a big way for the NLDS - both because I loathe both wildcard teams and because I think the Giants would be the best matchup for the Brewers to get past and head to the world series.

19-inning game it is, then, with perhaps the Dodgers winning but having Buehler throwing 78 pitches in five innings of relief after using up their bullpen.

Dodgers worry me a lot more in a 7 game series than St. Louis would so will be rooting heavy for Cardinals tonight.

The "Cardinal Way" is extremely hateable and since St. Louis is an inner division rival I understand the disdain, but their franchise has at least achieved success in a way that makes you believe Milwaukee could one day do the same. The Brewers resources will never compete with the Dodgers so I constantly root against them and hope that early playoff exits lead to overreaction roster moves and bad free agent contracts that hamper them in the future :)

I just can't root for the Cards. I want that shotgun stuck under their armpit and the trigger pulled.

Since they hosed us in the 2011 season, I really don't want a repeat. I'll root for the Giants overall anyway.

Questions are a burden.   And answers a prison for one's self.

I am very fortunate - the Giants are my second favorite team so I am good for NLDS cheering.

Tonight I keep telling myself that I am going to cheer for the Cardinals but I have a feeling once I start watching - that plan might go out the window.

I am very fortunate - the Giants are my second favorite team so I am good for NLDS cheering.

Tonight I keep telling myself that I am going to cheer for the Cardinals but I have a feeling once I start watching - that plan might go out the window.

:laughing :laughing :laughing

Questions are a burden.   And answers a prison for one's self.

That's logical. Logic usually goes out the window once I start watching, though. We'll have to ready to beat them all in order to win it all anyway.

Same here. I really have no dislike for LAD other than they're very good. Logic of course I want STL to win but as game plays it'll be tough to not be happy if they're losing. Win-Win situation for me, if LA loses I'm happy as its best thing for us, but if STL loses well at least STL is out.

What in the heck is going on with people having 2nd favorite and secondary teams?

Geez.

I just don't understand this logic at all.

Is it because you are used to your #1 team losing and just need another team to make you feel better?

I just can't spread any allegiance I have to a team. I have one favorite team in each sport, the rest I simply want to lose.

What in the heck is going on with people having 2nd favorite and secondary teams?

Geez.

I just don't understand this logic at all.

Is it because you are used to your #1 team losing and just need another team to make you feel better?

I just can't spread any allegiance I have to a team. I have one favorite team in each sport, the rest I simply want to lose.

I've stated many times before that the Dodgers were my secondary team but haven't said much about it lately because most everyone here hates them, and I understand why they would. But I've had family ties with Southern California since I was eight years old and grew up watching them as I thought they had the coolest uniforms. Steve Garvey and Robin Yount were my favorite players growing up. I think that qualifies me to be a fan.

Having said that, unlike everyone else here I believe the Brewers do have a reasonable chance to beat them in a seven game series. We went seven with them in 2018 and that was with an MVP level Bellinger on their team. On the flipside, I have absolutely no faith the Brewers can beat the Cardinals. Maybe it's Cardinal PTSD because they've always had our number going all the way back to 1982 but that's just how I feel. They always have that October mojo and they're playing better than anyone else right now.

Some of us have secondary teams because we have lived away from Wisconsin for many years. Still watch/listen to the Brewers every day but when you live on the west coast you can cheer for a team that plays when you get home from work too. Has nothing to do with spread allegiance.

When I was in middle school in 1990 I picked an AFC team to route for, it was the Bills. I bet $8 dollars they'd win. Needless to say I'm generally with turborickey on this one. I've also never bet on a game since, and still don't trust kickers.