Brewer Fanatic

2021 MLB Postseason: AL & NL Wild Card Games

Eye Black

We will have a thread dedicated to discussion surrounding each round of the Postseason (i.e. Wild Cards, Division Series, Championship Series, and World Series).

This is the thread to discuss the AL and NL Wild Card Games.

WILD CARD GAMES

Tuesday, Oct. 5

• Yankees v. Red Sox (ESPN, 7 p.m. air time, 7:08 p.m. CT first pitch)

Wednesday, Oct. 6

• Cardinals v. Dodgers (TBS, 7 p.m. air time, 7:10 p.m. CT first pitch)

FA0FFVAWQAILTHi?format=jpg&name=small

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the tv ratings for the two wild card games will be the best they ever had

Also, BTW thank god we went back to classic logo. That looks so much better on that bracket

Yes. All four teams have big followings, and the games are big rivalries, at least the Red Sox & Yankees are.

And Yes, the logo.

You know what's sad about the playoffs, though? No more huge slates of baseball games every day --and sometimes all day-- all over the country (which is cool if you have the an audio app and can listen to any game with local announcers). That's what I love most about baseball season: every team has another game tomorrow.

So the end of it, like the end of summer, is a little sad. But that's Time & Seasons for you, and Brewers' wins will greatly improve my outlook. ;)

I agree with the comment about the end of the regular season and the daily slate of games.

I’m retired and have an mlb tv subscription so in addition to Brewers games almost every day I can watch or follow virtually any game I want with the teams’ local announcers to track division races and fantasy players. That is that much more enjoyable when the Brewers are in playoff contention so I feel like I have a stake in the games. Keeping track of those other teams and how they compare to the Brewers is how I “enjoy the ride” of the whole season.

On tonight’s game I’ll be rooting for the Red Sox over the Yankees.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I agree with the comment about the end of the regular season and the daily slate of games.

I’m retired and have an mlb tv subscription so in addition to Brewers games almost every day I can watch or follow virtually any game I want with the teams’ local announcers to track division races and fantasy players. That is that much more enjoyable when the Brewers are in playoff contention so I feel like I have a stake in the games. Keeping track of those other teams and how they compare to the Brewers is how I “enjoy the ride” of the whole season.

On tonight’s game I’ll be rooting for the Red Sox over the Yankees.

Agreed! I really like MLB.tv. The audio only app is just $2.99 per month and can't be beat. I'll listen to a day game between teams I don't care too much about --if the announcers are good-- just to have the company while I work. It's kinda fun to hear what's going on in other cities by way of the ads and other comments. It's fortunate that the Brewers have what I think is the best radio crew of all, with and without Ueker. And Brian Anderson is among the best TV guys I can think of; I get to hear him if the Brewers are the "free game of the day." Enough of my babbling. Baseball, please!

I remember as a kid, opening the newspaper, and under the MLB standings on the Monday after the last game, it would say, “End of regular season.” Always made me sad.

And it meant waiting till February for it to come back.

Enough of the tennis grunting eovaldi

Embarrassing

ESPN does something different than everyone else with their mics around home plate/pitchers. Stuff like this always shows on their broadcasts. Things like ball hitting catchers glove, crack of the back are amplified with them.

Agree with some of the earlier posts about the lack of other games, stuff going on all day. Many weekdays have a couple games throughout the day. With the work from home world now MLB tv has been my background all for 6 months now. Much different the last couple days.

Surprised so many here are rooting for the Yankees - the entitlement of that franchise, and their payroll, makes me enjoy seeing them lose. I suppose Boston isn't much better but in my eyes at least, it's the Yankees, Dodgers and Cubs at the top of the always root against list.

Surprised so many here are rooting for the Yankees - the entitlement of that franchise, and their payroll, makes me enjoy seeing them lose. I suppose Boston isn't much better but in my eyes at least, it's the Yankees, Dodgers and Cubs at the top of the always root against list.

Between the two I’d prefer to see the Red Sox move on, but I’m in the boat that doesn’t care much for either.

Sometimes I forget how good the 2015 Pirates team was that won 98 games and hosted the wild card game against the Cubs with Gerrit Cole on the mound. Similar to tonight, Cole gave up 3 runs in the first 3 innings of that game. That was the third straight year the Pirates hosted the NL wild card game.

Sometimes I forget how good the 2015 Pirates team was that won 98 games and hosted the wild card game against the Cubs with Gerrit Cole on the mound. Similar to tonight, Cole gave up 3 runs in the first 3 innings of that game. That was the third straight year the Pirates hosted the NL wild card game.

And Arrieta was untouchable. I remember that game well. The Central was as good as the West is this year, probably better. Cubs, Cards, Pirates all won nearly 100 games.