Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-03: Brewers (Anderson) at Dodgers (Buehler) [Brewers lose, 10-3 -- Bring on the Postseason]

Eye Black

I feel for Muncy but do not feel for a franchise that just buys whatever they need. A good reason why it is tough for me to really want the Brewers to be full speed ahead here lately.

If you were in the Dodgers place and had the assets they had would you do it any differently?

Not saying I disagree, I do in fact agree, but to me the problem isn't the Dodgers, it's the system that allows them to do what they do.

Growing up the Dodgers were always my second favorite team. I hold no ill will against them specifically as I completely agree that it is the system that is broken. I just don't feel bad for their franchise when something doesn't go their way. If this was the Rays, I'd feel pretty bad for them. The Dodgers, I do not.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone is concerned about how this team has looked lately. Even those saying they aren't, imo, are talking themselves out of it. I think it's completely possible, if not likely, they come out looking great on Friday. But it's hard to sit through the last 3 weeks and feel great.

You think that Cardinal fans are concerned that they dropped the last two in their series against the lowly Cubs to close the year?

CC is smarter than most of the yahoos on here, especially me. SO... Let us all hope he knew what he was doing for the last 2 mostly crummy weeks.

It is now OFFICIALLY OK to really-really-really want us to win, with no more "Well...they weren't actually trying" rationalizations.

Say what you will about how big a deal it is (it is certainly not a very big one). But by coasting to the finish line and losing so many games the Brewers have now decreased their odds of home field advantage in the World Series.

Hmmm … indeed, you are right.

I think everyone is concerned about how this team has looked lately. Even those saying they aren't, imo, are talking themselves out of it. I think it's completely possible, if not likely, they come out looking great on Friday. But it's hard to sit through the last 3 weeks and feel great.

You think that Cardinal fans are concerned that they dropped the last two in their series against the lowly Cubs to close the year?

I mean not really a comparable situation. They won like 18 in a row this month. I don't think any concerns from Brewer fans is primarily based on the last two games.

Per Jeff Passan…

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts says first baseman Max Muncy is “very unlikely” to play in the NL wild card game and, if they advance, “unlikely” for the division series as well.

While the Dodger won the game, losing a .900 OPS bat on the last day of the regular season is certainly a blow.

More of that Cardinal Devil Magic.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I mean not really a comparable situation. They won like 18 in a row this month. I don't think any concerns from Brewer fans is primarily based on the last two games.

And that 18 in a row got them a one-game date with the defending champion. We'll see what happens.

All I know is that there is a very strong possibility that the Cardinals' season will be over before the Brewers' postseason starts. And that's because the Brewers were better this year.

Growing up the Dodgers were always my second favorite team. I hold no ill will against them specifically as I completely agree that it is the system that is broken. I just don't feel bad for their franchise when something doesn't go their way. If this was the Rays, I'd feel pretty bad for them. The Dodgers, I do not.

The Drysdale- Koufax- Walter Alston era Dodgers were the first team I liked at all, but I was a kid. Fast forward: starting in the '70s, and for about 20 years, it was the Montreal Expos (don't ask; I just loved them), with LA #2 . After the Expos folded (The Nats just ain't them.) I rather passively slid back to the Dodgers. I had liked Milwaukee, but they were AL way back then, which was a real drawback. After the Brewers were in the Good League and especially when they took the spoiled rich Dodgers to the edge, and because I saw how much my choir buddy loved them, and because my cool boss loved them, and because their mascot made BEER, I made a conscious and deliberate decision that the Milwaukee Brewers were my new favorite team. Period. Full Stop. END of discussion.

It's like when I was stationed in New Orleans in '78 and chose the Saints to be my team.

There will no other, even though I have never even been to Wisconsin that I can recall.

Too lazy to link it all but it was McCalvy’s Twitter feed:

Craig Counsell: "We are healthy going into the playoffs. That's what's most important. I don't see any other priority that trumps that."

"Let's not complain about a week where we had baseball games where we already knew we were going to the playoffs. I guess you guys can if you want, I just don't understand it."

Kolten Wong on what, if anything, to make of the way the Brewers finished the regular season: "It means that we clinched early. I think people tend to forget what our main goal is. It's trying to get ready for the postseason. We expect in that clubhouse to go far."

Agree or disagree, there is your mindset with these games. I’m in the corner of stay healthy and the rest of this doesn’t mean much. But I know plenty of fans will jump at the chance to try to be “right” next weekend if things don’t go well. In the end, these games probably have very little to do with the outcome that is headed our way, good or bad. Either way, on to the post season!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

the thing that kinda sucks about this is we could have won 10 in a row to end the season and then lost in the 1st round.

if we lose in the divisional Rd, it won't matter how or why, the narrative is going to be "CoUnSeLl ShOuLdNt HaVe ReStEd EvErYoNe!!!!"

even after watching multiple key guys get hurt this week, Belt, Kershaw, Muncy..... that's going to be the narrative.

CC's a good manager. dude knows what he's doing. widely regarded as one of the best in the game. feel like at this point he and his staff and the decisions they make have to have earned a little trust.

the thing that kinda sucks about this is we could have won 10 in a row to end the season and then lost in the 1st round.

if we lose in the divisional Rd, it won't matter how or why, the narrative is going to be "CoUnSeLl ShOuLdNt HaVe ReStEd EvErYoNe!!!!"

even after watching multiple key guys get hurt this week, Belt, Kershaw, Muncy..... that's going to be the narrative.

CC's a good manager. dude knows what he's doing. widely regarded as one of the best in the game. feel like at this point he and his staff and the decisions they make have to have earned a little trust.

Although it's tough to let go of my meticulously cultivated pessimism, I'm officially tossing it in the garbage. I feel lighter already.