Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-03: Brewers (Anderson) at Dodgers (Buehler) [Brewers lose, 10-3 -- Bring on the Postseason]

Eye Black

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About wanting the Dodgers knocked out before the NLCS….at this point, I don’t care if the Cardinals manage to do so with their voodoo magic. Don’t want to face the Dodgers at all.

Fortunately it looks like the Giants are going to finish the West themselves, because they certainly received no help from us.

The winning or losing is something I don’t care about. But seeing Ashby not look great lately has me wondering he can be relied on in the playoffs. Couple that with the Williams injury and Box seemingly hitting the wall and the bullpen is questionable to say the least.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Their bullpen is garbage right now. That’s the part that needs to be better Friday

Devin Williams is pissing me off

Nah, don't worry, no big loss. We have a great bullpen, Ashby will step right in, we won't miss Williams at all.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The winning or losing is something I don’t care about. But seeing Ashby not look great lately has me wondering he can be relied on in the playoffs. Couple that with the Williams injury and Box seemingly hitting the wall and the bullpen is questionable to say the least.

I agree. I’m not worried about the starters. And our offense is what it is.

The bullpen was a big reason we are we are. And we can’t be blowing leads in the playoffs. Somebody needs to step up

The biggest thing with Ashby is he’s susceptible to inconsistency. Unfortunately that’s pretty common with young pitchers. When he’s on his stuff looks dynamite. When he can’t command his stuff [or get the break he’s looking for] he looks almost unpitchable. Hopefully the former shows up in the postseason.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Well, CC's approach the these last couple of weeks only matters if they aren't ready to play next weekend. If they aren't, it's certainly open to criticism. If they are, none of this matters.

Agree with this. They won their division and earned the right to give guys a decreased work load before the playoffs. If it doesn’t work then there will be plenty of opportunity to second guess, but for now it’s the way they believed gave them the best chance for success in the Postseason.

Not just “at Night” anymore.