Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-03: Brewers (Anderson) at Dodgers (Buehler) [Brewers lose, 10-3 -- Bring on the Postseason]

Eye Black

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So where does JBJ rank as worst acquisition in franchise history? I say #1.

It's pretty close between him and Jeff Hammonds. Hammonds was actually 'ok' his first year before he got hurt. He was probably on pace to be about a 2-ish WAR guy. He was brutal his 2nd season, when he played most of a full season, and he played 10 games, and somehow in that short time span put up a negative .4 WAR. I don't even wanna extrapolate that over a full season.

I don't even think you can say "AT LEAST JBJ IS PLAYING GOOD DEFENSE!" at this point. He's striking out at an absurd pace, and he's not hitting nearly enough to justify him playing even semi-regularly. He's bad. I hung on for a long long time hoping he'd start hitting even like .220 and smacking a few doubles or homers or something, but it never materialized. I guess we're gonna see next year if he does anything at all to redeem himself.

Trent Grisham just made a [lightly] leaping catch at the wall to take away what might’ve been a home run for the Giants. Grisham was playing deep and it actually looked like a fairly easy play for him, so not quite as dramatic as your typical leaping catching at the wall.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

It's pretty close between him and Jeff Hammonds. Hammonds was actually 'ok' his first year before he got hurt. He was probably on pace to be about a 2-ish WAR guy. He was brutal his 2nd season, when he played most of a full season, and he played 10 games, and somehow in that short time span put up a negative .4 WAR. I don't even wanna extrapolate that over a full season.

I don't even think you can say "AT LEAST JBJ IS PLAYING GOOD DEFENSE!" at this point. He's striking out at an absurd pace, and he's not hitting nearly enough to justify him playing even semi-regularly. He's bad. I hung on for a long long time hoping he'd start hitting even like .220 and smacking a few doubles or homers or something, but it never materialized. I guess we're gonna see next year if he does anything at all to redeem himself.

Let's not forget Jonathan Schoop.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

All Schoop cost us was Jonathan Villar, and half the posters here hated him.

He's #2. In more ways than one.

I know they had to go for the chance at the division title today, but if I was a Dodgers fan I think I’d being feeling a lot better if Walker Buehler was available for the wild card game. Not like Scherzer is a worse option by any means, but I still think Buehler is their best present day starter.
Not just “at Night” anymore.