Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers vs Michigan Wolverines game thread

LouisEly

You would think buy sheer luck one would fall into our lap at some point but outside of Wilson for a year the Badger's QB history is one long list of bad to average( slightly above) with Zero big time game changers.

"Big time game changers" are few and far between at all but about 4-5 schools. When is the last time that someone in the Big Ten other than Ohio State had one?

The highest drafted non-Ohio State Big Ten QBs since 2012 (Wilson & Kirk Cousins) were Christian Hackenberg (late 2nd) and CJ Bethard (late 3rd), and I'm guessing that you wouldn't call either of them "big time game changers".

You would think buy sheer luck one would fall into our lap at some point but outside of Wilson for a year the Badger's QB history is one long list of bad to average( slightly above) with Zero big time game changers.

"Big time game changers" are few and far between at all but about 4-5 schools. When is the last time that someone in the Big Ten other than Ohio State had one?

The highest drafted non-Ohio State Big Ten QBs since 2012 (Wilson & Kirk Cousins) were Christian Hackenberg (late 2nd) and CJ Bethard (late 3rd), and I'm guessing that you wouldn't call either of them "big time game changers".

Any of those names are better than anyone not named Wilson that took snaps for Bucky over the last 30 years. Drew Brees was pretty good.

I had a buddy that was convinced that Austin Kafentzis was going to be the guy.

Was he the guy from like new Mexico or something that Anderson recruited? Whatever happened to him? Did he even end up coming here?

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I had a buddy that was convinced that Austin Kafentzis was going to be the guy.

Was he the guy from like new Mexico or something that Anderson recruited? Whatever happened to him? Did he even end up coming here?

Per sports-reference, after he left WI, he ended up in Nevada. After not seeing any action in 2015, he transferred again, this time to BYU. He got some time at "QB" in 2017 (0-1 passing, 41 rushes and one catch). After 2017 he moved to defense where he had 20 tackles and a sack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Kafentzis

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/austin-kafentzis-1.html

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

I caught about half the game. Just to find a highlight, I had to rewind my DVR twenty minutes to view Jump Around. Credit the Michigan players and students for getting into it.

Yet to be mentioned in these threads, but game three with Gus Johnson. I find him just as intolerable as the Badgers offense.

I caught about half the game. Just to find a highlight, I had to rewind my DVR twenty minutes to view Jump Around. Credit the Michigan players and students for getting into it.

Yet to be mentioned in these threads, but game three with Gus Johnson. I find him just as intolerable as the Badgers offense.

Yeah, Gus has been at self-parody levels for awhile now. I'm not really one for manufactured excitement. That's the best part of BA, really. He lets the moment be the moment and knows he's good enough that he doesn't need to script calls and catchphrases.

As for the football, this Badger teams reminds me of Nebraska about ten years ago. Two decades removed from being great, having been consistently very good, and now staring at mediocrity and worse for who knows how long...