Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-02: Brewers (Burnes) at Dodgers (Urías) [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Eye Black

I don’t think this team can just turn it in and off. I hope not to be disappointed VS the braves.

So when they lose a bunch in a row and then win a bunch in a row right after, is that not turning it on or off? Not that I believe that is how it works of that there is even a switch that needs to be flipped.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MLB still stinks in the respect of these big-market teams able to pick up huge assets mid-season if things are not going great for them as they should be based on their exaggerated payrolls.

I am quite proud of what the Brewers have been able to do these past 4-5 years in the face of that!

This team appears to be hopeless against left handed pitching. How do we fix that in a week??

Didn't the telecast show the other night that they've had a winning record against left handed starters over the last two or three weeks. Maybe it doesn't need to be fixed.

MLB still stinks in the respect of these big-market teams able to pick up huge assets mid-season if things are not going great for them as they should be based on their exaggerated payrolls.

I am quite proud of what the Brewers have been able to do these past 4-5 years in the face of that!

That I agree with you on.

I meant “how they are playing” more from the standpoint of not using players that gave them the best chance to win. Like leaving Lauer in to face Turner last night, using Gustave in a tie game and leaving him in when he couldn’t get a pitch to the catcher, and pulling Burnes after two innings tonight.

Yes, if the Giants lose again tomorrow they will have only themselves to blame. But I can guarantee you that if the Brewers were in the Giants position a lot of Brewers fans wouldn’t be happy that another team is essentially conceding games.

I don't care what other team's fans think. And neither should the Brewers. CC's job is to get us to the Postseason healthy after locking up the division and playoff seeding. Just yesterday the Dodgers lost Clayton Kershaw, possibly for the season. That alone should be incentive enough for us to see the virtue of the play-it-safe approach for these very very meaningless games at this point.

Yep……you play everyone everyday and pitch guys regular innings with no rest and someone gets hurt and you get crucified…….you play it safe and then perform poorly in the playoffs and people will assume it’s because you rested guys…… No win situation.

Heck.....They get hurt not even playing!

Not trying to be snide. I personally think Avi Garcia should be the NL Comeback Player of the Year. He of course won't win. That doesn't mean that I don't think he deserves it, though. That is an opinion not based in reality. Much like believing that Urias's win total should win him the Cy Young.

My point as I have said earlier is that Urias's stats are not that much inferior to anybody's in terms of ERA, etc. But his W-L record is eye-popping ... When a pitcher has an eye-popping 20-3 record and all his other stats are near the best of the rest, he should be in prime consideration for the Cy Young award. That is my point. I know you disagree ... but, that's where I'm at.

This team appears to be hopeless against left handed pitching. How do we fix that in a week??

Didn't the telecast show the other night that they've had a winning record against left handed starters over the last two or three weeks. Maybe it doesn't need to be fixed.

Price doesn't seem to be an issue from the left side.

Not trying to be snide. I personally think Avi Garcia should be the NL Comeback Player of the Year. He of course won't win. That doesn't mean that I don't think he deserves it, though. That is an opinion not based in reality. Much like believing that Urias's win total should win him the Cy Young.

My point as I have said earlier is that Urias's stats are not that much inferior to anybody's in terms of ERA, etc. But his W-L record is eye-popping ... When a pitcher has an eye-popping 20-3 record and all his other stats are near the best of the rest, he should be in prime consideration for the Cy Young award. That is my point. I know you disagree ... but, that's where I'm at.

I get where you are coming from but if you start digging into things like ERA+, FIP and even WHIP, Burnes has been far better and historically so (I'm guessing Scherzer and Buehler would as well). Plenty has been written on that. If you chose to look at ERA and wins to make those assessments then have at it but lets not pretend that doing so is not a failure to consider all of the data.

I get where you are coming from but if you start digging into things like ERA+, FIP and even WHIP, Burnes has been far better and historically so (I'm guessing Scherzer and Buehler would as well). Plenty has been written on that. If you chose to look at ERA and wins to make those assessments then have at it but lets not pretend that doing so is not a failure to consider all of the data.

And moreso, it's simply an opinion that is no longer based in reality. Cy Young voters have evolved on the stats they use to rank these guys perhaps moreso than any other voted-on award in MLB. It is truly an award that is very much based on analytics and advanced statistical analysis. That isn't a bad thing, in my opinion.

The brewers have been playing their worst ball at the wrong time.

It's a good thing that they built a big enough lead, then, that they can play crappy ball when the games literally don't matter.

Here's hoping that the lights are not too bright starting next Friday.

I rather go into the playoffs on a positive not negative note

The brewers have been playing their worst ball at the wrong time.

It's a good thing that they built a big enough lead, then, that they can play crappy ball when the games literally don't matter.

Here's hoping that the lights are not too bright starting next Friday.

I rather go into the playoffs on a positive not negative note

I'm sure everyone would like that. But it is what it is. They aren't. So hopefully it won't matter once the bright lights come on.

#Brewers manager Craig Counsell still has TBA for starter tomorrow but he did say neither Freddy Peralta or Brandon Woodruff would pitch. Prefers rest for them entering playoffs.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it'll be the Collin Rea show tomorrow.

Still taking bets?

The season premiere came a night early. It was also the season finale.

My gut feeling is this offense will fail them. I hope it is wrong, but that's what I feel. To me, 1st base is still a weakness.

I tend to have more angst about this than I do about the pitching being bad but I have to remind myself that they really haven't played their best offense day in and day out for about two weeks now. Hard to judge.

My gut feeling is this offense will fail them. I hope it is wrong, but that's what I feel. To me, 1st base is still a weakness.

I tend to have more angst about this than I do about the pitching being bad but I have to remind myself that they really haven't played their best offense day in and day out for about two weeks now. Hard to judge.

Same here. When they get knocked out it's more than likely going to be lack of offense that does them in.