Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-02: Brewers (Burnes) at Dodgers (Urías) [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Eye Black

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants fans probably aren’t real happy about how the Brewers are playing this series.

Had a 5-1 lead yesterday in the 5th. Trea Turner ran into one and made it a completely different game. Stuff happens. They'll get over it.

All Giants had to do is 1 of the last vs Padres to clinch it…..they have their best pitcher going tomorrow against sole nobody……if they don’t hold on they won’t blame the Brewers…..it’s all,in their hands,

I meant “how they are playing” more from the standpoint of not using players that gave them the best chance to win. Like leaving Lauer in to face Turner last night, using Gustave in a tie game and leaving him in when he couldn’t get a pitch to the catcher, and pulling Burnes after two innings tonight.

Yes, if the Giants lose again tomorrow they will have only themselves to blame. But I can guarantee you that if the Brewers were in the Giants position a lot of Brewers fans wouldn’t be happy that another team is essentially conceding games.

At the end of the Giants telecast tonight the announcers said that “we’ll all be Brewers fans tonight” and mentioned that Burnes would be pitching. They seemed to be hoping the Brewers might help them out.

Edited by BruisedCrew
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I meant “how they are playing” more from the standpoint of not using players that gave them the best chance to win. Like leaving Lauer in to face Turner last night, using Gustave in a tie game and leaving him in when he couldn’t get a pitch to the catcher, and pulling Burnes after two innings tonight.

Yes, if the Giants lose again tomorrow they will have only themselves to blame. But I can guarantee you that if the Brewers were in the Giants position a lot of Brewers fans wouldn’t be happy that another team is essentially conceding games.

I don't care what other team's fans think. And neither should the Brewers. CC's job is to get us to the Postseason healthy after locking up the division and playoff seeding. Just yesterday the Dodgers lost Clayton Kershaw, possibly for the season. That alone should be incentive enough for us to see the virtue of the play-it-safe approach for these very very meaningless games at this point.

Scherzer could still win the ERA title too if he pitched against the Giants for the division title.

If it played out that way, I think I'd be OK with that. They used Urias tonight, Buehler tomorrow and then Scherzer for the tie breaker. If they lose that who pitches the play in game for them? Would be interesting.

Edited by 82brewcrew82
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I mean...I have no idea what the "best" way to play this week was, but I'm gonna go ahead and trust the Brewers process and analytics on rest versus readiness.

If this team hasn't earned people's trust in terms of their intelligent strategy (which of course fails sometimes because it's baseball), we're watching different teams.

Scherzer could still win the ERA title too if he pitched against the Giants for the division title.

If it played out that way, I think I'd be OK with that.

Not me. The Dodgers scabbing out the West is about worst case scenario.

I don't care what other team's fans think. And neither should the Brewers. CC's job is to get us to the Postseason healthy after locking up the division and playoff seeding. Just yesterday the Dodgers lost Clayton Kershaw, possibly for the season. That alone should be incentive enough for us to see the virtue of the play-it-safe approach for these very very meaningless games at this point.

Yep……you play everyone everyday and pitch guys regular innings with no rest and someone gets hurt and you get crucified…….you play it safe and then perform poorly in the playoffs and people will assume it’s because you rested guys…… No win situation.

Sorry Giants, you'll be getting no help from us.

They shouldn't have needed any. If they do, it's on them.

I mean, they've won 106 games?? Hard to say they haven't helped themselves.

Still shouldn't need our help. They control their own fate.

Wake me up when CC decides a game is worth playing to win.

C-ya Friday.

If you think this team is gonna flip a switch on Friday I have swamp land for sale in AZ.

I don't think they need to flip a switch so agree to disagree.

Wake me up when CC decides a game is worth playing to win.

C-ya Friday.

If you think this team is gonna flip a switch on Friday I have swamp land for sale in AZ.

Good Lord. How many times do you need to hear that the last week of games are meaningless? The Brewers have treated them like glorified Spring Training games.

I perhaps worry about a little rust, but there is no switch that needs flipping.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sorry Giants, you'll be getting no help from us.

They shouldn't have needed any. If they do, it's on them.

Aren’t they like 21-5 or something. I mean for crissakes they aren’t choking.

Agreed. Saying this is 'on the Giants' is fairly wild considering they've continued to win close games. Continued to have an extremely solid pitching staff. And, continued to win games while losing their most potent offensive weapon in Belt. If anything, if they lose out, it's because the Dodgers are really really good.