Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-02: Brewers (Burnes) at Dodgers (Urías) [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Eye Black

Are we really going to end the season dropping 5 of 6?

Thank God for the Mets.

I’m no more thrilled then you are about losing lots of games recently but if we are being honest CC hasn’t managed any of the games this week with winning as the top.priority.

Just look at the lineups…..the innings that the starters have pitched…..and who pitched in relief in tie games .

Maybe we would have lost them all anyway but bottom line is we haven’t really tried to win once we had it clinched.

I do get this as he is pulling starters really early especially with decent leads and we end up blowing them. Losing Williams hurts. The whole bullpen dynamic has changed

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully just precautionary for Burnes, but a bit uneasy with the way that exit took place.

Missed it. How'd it take place?

They didn’t have a pinch batter go out onto the field for a couple of minutes, and then the trainer was shown talking to Burnes in the dugout.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Hopefully just precautionary for Burnes, but a bit uneasy with the way that exit took place.

Missed it. How'd it take place?

They didn’t have a pinch batter go out onto the field for a couple of minutes, and then the trainer was shown talking to Burnes in the dugout.

Hmm, interesting to say the least.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Burnes ERA is sitting at 2.43, just .03 ahead of scherzer. Full on speculation, but cc pulled him with the ERA lead while he had it back, but still getting some work in. I feel like, baring a 3 pitch inning or close, he only would have been in for 1 more inning based on his pitch count, and I feel like cc would feel bad if he threw him back out there for the third and he gave up a run and lost the lead.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Burnes ERA is sitting at 2.43, just .03 ahead of scherzer. Full on speculation, but cc pulled him with the ERA lead while he had it back, but still getting some work in. I feel like, baring a 3 pitch inning or close, he only would have been in for 1 more inning based on his pitch count, and I feel like cc would feel bad if he threw him back out there for the third and he gave up a run and lost the lead.

I doubt this. But I hope that’s the reason.

Giants fans probably aren’t real happy about how the Brewers are playing this series.

Had a 5-1 lead yesterday in the 5th. Trea Turner ran into one and made it a completely different game. Stuff happens. They'll get over it.

All Giants had to do is 1 of the last vs Padres to clinch it…..they have their best pitcher going tomorrow against sole nobody……if they don’t hold on they won’t blame the Brewers…..it’s all,in their hands,

I’m starting to feel that this team is going to flip the switch. They really look bad for awhile

The “we aren’t really trying” thing can only go so long

They haven't had a good September and are fortunate they did a lot of heavy lifting before then, that much is certain. Whether or not they can turn it back on remains to be seen.

I’m not sure baseball is a flip a switch sport. Not like say, basketball is.

When do the Bucks start...?

Burnes was removed for "managerial decision". No big deal.

It was more like “managerial indecision” in the moment. Very glad to hear it isn’t injury related.

Did they actually say it wasn't an injury at all tho? Was he seen punching a wall in frustration afterward? So many questions.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Yep…..CC decided Corbin was going to win the era title.

First in Brewers history.

Well, except for the fact that Walker Buehler is starting for the Dodgers tomorrow and is only .06 behind Burnes in ERA.