Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-02: Brewers (Burnes) at Dodgers (Urías) [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Eye Black

I’m starting to feel that this team is going to flip the switch. They really look bad for awhile

The “we aren’t really trying” thing can only go so long

They haven't had a good September and are fortunate they did a lot of heavy lifting before then, that much is certain. Whether or not they can turn it back on remains to be seen.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m starting to doh t that this team is going to flip the switch. They really look bad for awhile

We as a fan base don't really know, because the Brewers have never, ever been in this position.

CC cans say whatever he wants about wanting to win these games but we are seeing B lineups almost every game and he is using the last guys out of the bullpen an awful lot. Meanwhile, the Cards and Ddodgers are still playing for positioning. These games just aren't being played out like the will be in the playoffs.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I’m starting to feel that this team isnt going to flip the switch. They really look bad for awhile

Yes, it was sorta fun winning the division but if you fall apart afterwards who cares?

I think this series in LA might show folks why rooting for the Cardinals to beat the Dodgers isn’t the worst thing. The Brewers would have a significantly better chance at beating the Giants or Cardinals in a 7-game series than they would the Dodgers.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I’m starting to feel that this team is going to flip the switch. They really look bad for awhile

They haven't had a good September and are fortunate they did a lot of heavy lifting before then, that much is certain. Whether or not they can turn it back on remains to be seen.

I’m not sure baseball is a flip a switch sport. Not like say, basketball is.

Are we really going to end the season dropping 5 of 6?

Thank God for the Mets.

I’m no more thrilled then you are about losing lots of games recently but if we are being honest CC hasn’t managed any of the games this week with winning as the top.priority.

Just look at the lineups…..the innings that the starters have pitched…..and who pitched in relief in tie games .

Maybe we would have lost them all anyway but bottom line is we haven’t really tried to win once we had it clinched.

Only the 2nd time in 311 innings Burnes has allowed a multiple runner homer. Just an anomaly it appears.

Unfortunately this one anomaly may cost him a Cy Young. Its just such a dead heat that he couldn't afford it tonight.

I’m starting to doh t that this team is going to flip the switch. They really look bad for awhile

We as a fan base don't really know, because the Brewers have never, ever been in this position.

CC cans say whatever he wants about wanting to win these games but we are seeing B lineups almost every game and he is using the last guys out of the bullpen an awful lot. Meanwhile, the Cards and Ddodgers are still playing for positioning. These games just aren't being played out like the will be in the playoffs.

Yep. The relievers have been pre-scheduled since Tuesday. These are glorified Spring Training games. Just have to hope the rust is minimal next weekend.

I don't think it's easy to go out there with nothing on the line, just trying to stay healthy and perform like "normal". I'm not bothered by how we are playing, except I was hoping burnes would put in a nice performance for the Cy young. It's just a question if, they indeed are coasting, they can "flip the switch" come Friday.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

No. We are playing our starters and our starting pitching

looks the same. I hope I''m wrong but we don't look like a contender by any stretch.

Yep. The relievers have been pre-scheduled since Tuesday. These are glorified Spring Training games. Just have to hope the rust is minimal next weekend.

Everybody has been getting ABs and throwing innings. There shouldn't be any rust. The question is, when we put our best lineup out there everyday, we let our starters throw innings and we use our best bullpen arms every game, are we better than the other team.

No. We are playing our starters and our starting pitching

looks the same. I hope I''m wrong but we don't look like a contender by any stretch.

Name the last game we had every one of the everyday players in the starting lineup? Why are Gustave and Sanchez getting nods ahead of the normal relievers. Why is Hader being used in the 8th. Why are starters being pulled with far lower pitch counts than normal. if you think this looks the same then I don't know what you've been watching all year.