2021-10-02: Brewers (Burnes) at Dodgers (Urías) [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Eye Black

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though this isn’t in game related. My thought does involve the dodgers

Does anyone have a feeling that wainwright is going to get absolutely torched by this dodger lineup next week

We can only hope... ;)

The best chance anyone has a knocking out the dodgers is shorter series.

They're going to win a seven game series 90% of the time

Even though this isn’t in game related. My thought does involve the dodgers

Does anyone have a feeling that wainwright is going to get absolutely torched by this dodger lineup next week

The way the Cardinals are hitting up and down the lineup it may take a torching of Wainwright just to stay in the game.

Maybe Scherzer or Buehler can cool them off.

I hope the Giants finish the Dodgers off this afternoon to remove the possibility of a Game 163 on Monday that could help the Cardinals out.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Anyone who wants the Dodgers to beat the Cardinals in the wild card games is on the drugs.

Well, yeah. The seratonin crash associated with losing to the Cardinals is the very definition of negative reinforcement, outside all logic.

Dodgers are the better team. But it wouldn't feel nearly as bad losing to them.

So are we pretty much decided at this point we're not going to the WS? We're either losing to the Dodgers or the Cardinals in the NLCS, if we somehow manage to squeak past the Braves?

Not really what I meant.

Just that postseason baseball is enough of an emotional trainwreck that I don't need the added stress of maybe having to watch the Cardinals celebrate.

I believe in this team as much as any Brewer team of my lifetime. Losing will suck no matter who it happens to and when. IF I am going to have to face that disappointment, though, I'd rather it not be the Cardinals on the other side of it.

I kind of want another shot at the Dodgers too. Maybe that's crazy, but I don't think Scherzer and Kershaw are healthy. We can take them in a 7-game series.

I’d like to see them beat the Cardinals on their way to a WS win. I would also take the Dodgers too but the Cardinals would be a special win. Worrying about some other teams fan base celebrating is always weird to me. If we end up losing, it’ll be the last thing on my mind.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So are we pretty much decided at this point we're not going to the WS? We're either losing to the Dodgers or the Cardinals in the NLCS, if we somehow manage to squeak past the Braves?

Not really what I meant.

Just that postseason baseball is enough of an emotional trainwreck that I don't need the added stress of maybe having to watch the Cardinals celebrate.

I believe in this team as much as any Brewer team of my lifetime. Losing will suck no matter who it happens to and when. IF I am going to have to face that disappointment, though, I'd rather it not be the Cardinals on the other side of it.

I kind of want another shot at the Dodgers too. Maybe that's crazy, but I don't think Scherzer and Kershaw are healthy. We can take them in a 7-game series.

When my team loses, I turn it off as soon as the game is over. Problem solved.

Rowdy back …..Hiura gone

#Brewers reinstate 1B Rowdy Tellez from 10-day IL and option Keston Hiura back to Class AAA Nashville. Hiura is from the LA area and his family is here, including his mother, in remission from cancer. So, not looking for him to go anywhere but home.

#Brewers manager Craig Counsell still has TBA for starter tomorrow but he did say neither Freddy Peralta or Brandon Woodruff would pitch. Prefers rest for them entering playoffs.

Maybe Hauser if they lose tonight and the NL West is still undecided. Otherwise a bunch of guys pitching 1-2 innings each.

I’m surprised he wants to have Woodruff and Peralta go so long in between appearances.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

#Brewers manager Craig Counsell still has TBA for starter tomorrow but he did say neither Freddy Peralta or Brandon Woodruff would pitch. Prefers rest for them entering playoffs.

Maybe Hauser if they lose tonight and the NL West is still undecided. Otherwise a bunch of guys pitching 1-2 innings each.

I’m surprised he wants to have Woodruff and Peralta go so long in between appearances.

HOUSER

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS