Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-01: Brewers (Lauer) at Dodgers (Kershaw) [Brewers lose, 8-6]

Eye Black

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU DON’T WALK THE PITCHER TO LEAD OFF AN INNING!!!

Ideally, no. He had strike 3. Didn't get it. It happens.

I know. But that’s how teams get back in games. Ball four wasn’t even close. Should have tried to throw it right down the middle (if he wasn’t).

Watching Kershaw get pulled in the 2nd inning with something apparently wrong, followed by both Trea Turner and Corey Seager wincing in pain on separate occasions is a good reminder how important it is for the Brewers to get through this series healthy.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
YOU DON’T WALK THE PITCHER TO LEAD OFF AN INNING!!!

Ideally, no. He had strike 3. Didn't get it. It happens.

I know. But that’s how teams get back in games. Ball four wasn’t even close. Should have tried to throw it right down the middle (if he wasn’t).

I think he just missed my friend. Agreed tho, that pitcher was swinging like a pitcher - give him a beefcake right up the gut. Lol. The true test, tho, is getting out of it smoothly like he did.

Watching Kershaw get pulled in the 2nd inning with something apparently wrong, followed by both Trea Turner and Corey Seager wincing in pain on separate occasions is a good reminder how important it is for the Brewers to get through this series healthy.

Lauer came close to getting spiked covering first on that DP. Hopefully he just got grazed.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Hey has there been any recent news on Cousins stint on the IL?

He’s expected back tomorrow I believe.

EDIT: I misread earlier, he is expected back by the NLDS.

From Haudricourt two hours ago…

Brewers president David Stearns said that barring physical setbacks, the expectation is that both first baseman Rowdy Tellez and reliever Jake Cousins will be ready to be on NLDS roster.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Hey has there been any recent news on Cousins stint on the IL?

He’s expected back tomorrow I believe.

EDIT: I misread earlier, he is expected back by the NLDS.

From Haudricourt two hours ago…

Brewers president David Stearns said that barring physical setbacks, the expectation is that both first baseman Rowdy Tellez and reliever Jake Cousins will be ready to be on NLDS roster.

Sweet. Thank You.

It seems like the Giants are always ahead. More often than not they seem to score early and not look back.

Since the Brewers won the first 3 games in that series the Giants are 21-5.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Well, Gents, my satellite internets is going down the toilet. It's that time of the evening. Best of Luck closing this game Out. Hope Lauer gives us another 1-2 solid innings and we can bring this Home and force the Cards to fly to LA.

Time to go to bed and see tomorrow what happened.

This Dodger lineup is relentless.

I’m reminded why I didn’t want the Brewers to need a win on this road trip to wrap up the division.

Edited by BruisedCrew

So much for Lauer’s dominance of LA.

While the game is meaningless it would be nice to have a little momentum instead of getting walloped most nights the last two weeks

They're human beings and I don't care what anyone says, when you essentially lock your division up 6 weeks before the end of the season, it affects how you approach the final stretch or games. LA is playing to avoid a single elimination game.

I just can't read into our play at all until we're playing Atlanta. It just doesn't matter. Some record padding at the end doesn't mean anything. There's a 4-day layoff either way.