Brewer Fanatic

2021-10-01: Brewers (Lauer) at Dodgers (Kershaw) [Brewers lose, 8-6]

Eye Black

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminder of how good Eric Lauer has been against the Dodgers to this point in his career…

[pre]W L ERA GS IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BF WHIP SO9

6 0 1.89 8 47.2 36 11 10 6 14 1 46 0 194 1.049 8.7[/pre]

[pre]PA AB R H 2B 3B HR SB BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS

194 179 11 36 7 0 6 0 14 46 .201 .259 .341 .600[/pre]

FApfo4RWYAAz8Ht?format=jpg&name=small

FApfFzWVgAEeh00?format=jpg&name=small

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Does the Dodgers series have any impact on whether the Dodgers get a 1 game WC or go straight to a 5 game series?
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Does the Dodgers series have any impact on whether the Dodgers get a 1 game WC or go straight to a 5 game series?

Yes, the Giants magic number is 2. The Giants have three games against the Padres while the Dodgers obviously have these three games against the Brewers.

Here are the various scenarios…

Giants go either 3-0 or 2-1 against the Padres …or… the Dodgers go 0-3 or 1-2 against the Brewers: Giants win the division and the Dodgers play in NL Wild Card game next Wednesday.

Giants go 1-2, Dodgers sweep Brewers 3-0 …or… Giants go 0-3 and Dodgers go 2-1: Giants and Dodgers play a game 163 on Monday to determine who will win the division.

Giants go 0-3, Dodgers sweep Brewers 3-0: Dodgers win the division and the Giants play in the NL Wild Card game next Wednesday.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Yes, they can still win their division but it’s not looking good. The Giants magic number to clinch is just 2 and they play the struggling Padres this weekend.

Yes, they can still win their division but it’s not looking good. The Giants magic number to clinch is just 2 and they play the struggling Padres this weekend.

Well, the Dodgers are playing the struggling Brewers this weekend too...

The Brewers clinched by sweeping a team that was a playoff contender up until a week ago. They have had to play a scorching hot Cardinal team seven times in the last week and a half. The last two against the Cardinals are basically exhibition games. I wouldn't say the Brewers are struggling.

"Struggling" may be an overstatement. Maybe one of these is more accurate? listless, torpid, uninspired, coasting, lackluster, lackadaisical, stagnant, unmotivated, somnambulant, hebetudinous*? I lean toward "complacent" or "apathetic."

EDIT: Those adjectives actually apply better to me when the game starts after 9PM. :-/

*Thesaurus.com is a friend

Full season results have a much higher correlation with October results than do September results. The Brewers struggling in their last 7 games vs STL (with an accidental Division clinching sweep of the Mets in the middle & a 12-5 stretch before that starting with a sweep of SF on the road) likely has minimal predictive value...

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-cardinals-impressive-winning-streak-doesnt-guarantee-october-success/

4-2 over the last two series. I wouldn't call that struggling.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Would be great if the Brewers pulled off this game to guarantee the Dodgers the Wild Card. The Dodgers could then throw the B team against Burnes tomorrow.

I don't think they will throw the B team against Burnes, who has a legit shot to win the Cy Young over Scherzer. I think they will be guns a blazing vs a Burnes start...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Counsell. Putting the best players out there tonight

I guess it’s time to ramp up for playoffs

I swear it's been weeks since we've seen a Lineup like this? It's nice to see some health restored and Rowdy is soon returning. Other than Devin, still bummed, we are near full health at the exact time we need it.