Brewer Fanatic

Game 4: Steelers @ Packers - Sunday, Oct 3rd 3:25PM

homer

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Easy to block a kick when you're 4 yards offsides.

4 yards? Borderline call at very best....

Yeah, on replay it was definitely closer than it looked in real time.

For as much as people complain about all the calls that go against us, and the conspiracy theories about how the NFL wants the Packers to lose, let's just take the W on this call and be happy it went our way. :D

If you jump, and the offense moves, that's technically an offsides, I think. It doesn't result in a dead-ball. Again, I think so. Not 100% sure.

That’s what I always thought. I couldn’t tell on the second one but the first sure looked like he was back onside before the ball was snapped. It didn’t matter as that was the TD though.

I know on the first one when he crossed the line the RT flinched, so that would be an offsides even if he got back. the 2nd one shouldn't have been, but ultimately didn't matter.

Awww.. didn’t catch the jump. That makes sense.

When the OL jumped they play should have been called dead shouldn’t it?

No, because it's not a false start penalty its offsides.

It is still called dead if the offense moves before the snap, just called off sides in that situation.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I dont think they were offsides.

Without a look right down the line there is no way to tell.

That over head shot from behind is really misleading.

Really doesn't matter in this case. Overhead view shows they weren't lined up in neutral zone. Ball moves, then they move. That said, it's odd there's no camera down the line. Also another example of why NFL replay/ review system is horrible.

I don't know there is a view that can really tell since you can't see down the line, but they were up out of their stance when the ball moves.

Same as Preston Smith's offsides.

Agreed, I didn't think Preston was offsides either.

I am not clear on the rule of "the ball moves" that they were talking about he didn't really snap it until a split second later, would that be a false start to move the ball but not snap it?

There's generally a little bit of leeway. Centers have some ability to move the ball as long as it's not a "fake snap" type thing. Depends on what the exact movement was and it's really a judgment call if the refs even see it.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

The first extra point today was almost blocked. The game winner a week ago was almost blocked. This week one was and it was questionable offsides. All three have come from that right side. This shouldn’t need too much film room to figure it out.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The first extra point today was almost blocked. The game winner a week ago was almost blocked. This week one was and it was questionable offsides. All three have come from that right side. This shouldn’t need too much film room to figure it out.

Without changes one will get blocked soon.

That’s what I always thought. I couldn’t tell on the second one but the first sure looked like he was back onside before the ball was snapped. It didn’t matter as that was the TD though.

I know on the first one when he crossed the line the RT flinched, so that would be an offsides even if he got back. the 2nd one shouldn't have been, but ultimately didn't matter.

I went back and rewatched since it is halftime and the RT only moves his hand to point after the DL is back across the line. I’m pretty sure the ref had him as offsides and not because the OL moved. Not surprising since the refs apparently can’t tell what is or isn’t offsides today.

Assuming there was no actual offsides, it seems like it might be an issue of the other team knowing when the snap is coming, as opposed to blocking. So might be an easy fix of adding some more variability in the snap.
Remember what Yoda said:

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I don't know there is a view that can really tell since you can't see down the line, but they were up out of their stance when the ball moves.

Same as Preston Smith's offsides.

Agreed, I didn't think Preston was offsides either.

At least they're consistent... ;)

Maybe the officials thought there's no way a team's special teams can be so bad that they can let a jailbreak happen like that so they threw their flags.

I honestly think that happened. Huge break.

Makes up for the little push on Jaire, I guess.

Edited by nodakfan17

Maybe the officials thought there's no way a team's special teams can be so bad that they can let a jailbreak happen like that so they threw their flags.

I honestly think that happened. Huge break.

Makes up for the little push on Jaire, I guess.

I honestly think that's what happened too. So you have a play with a 10 point swing that can't be reviewed.