Brewer Fanatic

Game 4: Steelers @ Packers - Sunday, Oct 3rd 3:25PM

homer

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Do they not allow you to get back anymore?

If you jump, and the offense moves, that's technically an offsides, I think. It doesn't result in a dead-ball. Again, I think so. Not 100% sure.

That’s what I always thought. I couldn’t tell on the second one but the first sure looked like he was back onside before the ball was snapped. It didn’t matter as that was the TD though.

I know on the first one when he crossed the line the RT flinched, so that would be an offsides even if he got back. the 2nd one shouldn't have been, but ultimately didn't matter.

Do they not allow you to get back anymore?

If you jump, and the offense moves, that's technically an offsides, I think. It doesn't result in a dead-ball. Again, I think so. Not 100% sure.

True, if the offense moves as a reaction. That has evolved into the OL moving 2 seconds later and still gets the call.

When it comes to special teams its always Groundhog Day.

Crosby and new punter. Only thing worth a dang on the special teams.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That’s what I always thought. I couldn’t tell on the second one but the first sure looked like he was back onside before the ball was snapped. It didn’t matter as that was the TD though.

I know on the first one when he crossed the line the RT flinched, so that would be an offsides even if he got back. the 2nd one shouldn't have been, but ultimately didn't matter.

Awww.. didn’t catch the jump. That makes sense.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

When the OL jumped they play should have been called dead shouldn’t it?

When the OL jumped they play should have been called dead shouldn’t it?

No, because it's not a false start penalty its offsides.

I didn't question the punt from the 40. I wouldn't have been mad if they had gone for it either. Punting and then holding the Stillers gave them decent field position, and here we are. Good drive. Now the defense needs to hold serve.

I am still always assuming the defense will allow TDs from anywhere on the field.

Going to take a while for that perception to change.

Same. Every time the opposing team takes possession, I assume they’re scoring 7. Stops and field goals are a win. I’m just conditioned to think like that. It’s been that way since the 4-12 season where Ahmad Carrol held on every other play.

I don't understand the enforcement of the holding penalty on the punt. Returner caught it at GB 46, advanced about 11 yards to the PIT 45. Was supposed to be 10 yard penalty from the end of the run, but the ball was spotted at the GB 36.

I didn't listen to what the ref said but what you're saying isn't how holding is enforced.

He said enforced from the end of the kick, which caught me off guard. Not sure if that's a new thing or because of where/when the hold happened.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I know they were offsides but they were dangerously close last week to being blocked. One of the XPs I thought was going to be blocked and this one was going to be blocked regardless of being offsides Edited by jason21nl