Brewer Fanatic

Devin Williams to IL with hand injury

Eye Black

He punched a wall, IN ANGER, during a celebration? Something isn't adding up here.

I agree with this does not make sense

He said he had too much to drink at the celebration and something upset him later.

For all we know he went home drunk from the celebration and got in a fight with a girlfriend and punched a wall.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He punched a wall, IN ANGER, during a celebration? Something isn't adding up here.

He said he had too much to drink at the celebration and something upset him later.

For all we know he went home drunk from the celebration and got in a fight with a girlfriend and punched a wall.

Or he played a video game raged over something and punched a wall.

Or he went on brewerfan.net and saw the complaining raged and punched a wall.

Or he stepped on a lego and punched the wall.

Or he saw a spider on the wall and tried to punch it.

Or he saw the bad guy from WWII as a ghost and tried to punch him but hit the wall.

Or he was visited by aliens tried to get away and in a fit of rage he punched the wall.

Or he saw bigfoot and bigfoot said he sucked at pitching and then he swung at bigfoot and hit the wall.

Or he was playing that boxing game on the Wii and hit the wall.

Or he was using a VR headset and lost track where he was and punched the wall.

Or he was trying to be like Bruce Lee and punched the wall.

Or he was trying out to be in the next Matrix movie and punched the wall.

Or he found out his pet is a Cubs fan and punched the wall in frustration.

Or he thought the wall was Tony LaRussa and punched it in frustration.

Or.........

Or he played a video game raged over something and punched a wall.

Or he went on brewerfan.net and saw the complaining raged and punched a wall.

Or he stepped on a lego and punched the wall.

Or he saw a spider on the wall and tried to punch it.

Or he saw the bad guy from WWII as a ghost and tried to punch him but hit the wall.

Or he was visited by aliens tried to get away and in a fit of rage he punched the wall.

Or he saw bigfoot and bigfoot said he sucked at pitching and then he swung at bigfoot and hit the wall.

Or he was playing that boxing game on the Wii and hit the wall.

Or he was using a VR headset and lost track where he was and punched the wall.

Or he was trying to be like Bruce Lee and punched the wall.

Or he was trying out to be in the next Matrix movie and punched the wall.

Or he found out his pet is a Cubs fan and punched the wall in frustration.

Or he thought the wall was Tony LaRussa and punched it in frustration.

Or.........

[sarcasm]It was a Sunday, obviously it was fantasy football related[/sarcasm]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Is it allowed NOW to talk about 1+ innings for Hader in the playoffs?

Yes

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Is it allowed NOW to talk about 1+ innings for Hader in the playoffs?

From this article in The Athletic, Brewers’ Devin Williams punches a wall, suffers knockout blow:

Could Hader pitch more than one inning in the playoffs? Will he be asked to? Hader hasn’t performed a multi-inning role in two years, and he said Tuesday he prefers to continue to make one-inning appearances. Counsell said they could have conversations about Hader’s usage when asked if the situation could change.

“We’re having those conversations right now,” Counsell said on Wednesday. “We’re bouncing ideas off of each other. Kind of how I like to do it is just take a period of time to share ideas with each other, let it soak in a little bit then kind of come to some conclusions.”

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Andy Bernard put his hand through a wall, went to anger management, and eventually ran the Scranton branch, so let's not give up on Devin just yet!

I'm still mad about how much they ruined his character the last season and just turned him from a really likeable guy into a totally unlikable knob.

I would absolutely look to trade him after his hand heals and he shows it won't be a problem going forward.

I wouldn't

Devin is really good and really cheap, which will make him valuable to the team going forward, regardless of this dumb mistake which he's made.

Hey good to see you post, danzig. Come by more often.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I wonder if they'll consider Ashby for a higher leverage role? Probably push Boxberger to the 8th I'd guess and then need a 7th inning guy.

[sarcasm]It was a Sunday, obviously it was fantasy football related[/sarcasm]

He probably started Justin Fields at QB..........

Maybe he's a 9ers fan?

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Williams made a stupid, terrible decision. But the guy is still one of the best relief pitchers in MLB, and pitches for a team that places an extremely high value on pitching. He also makes peanuts, and has several years of team control remaining.

He's not going anywhere.

Williams made a stupid, terrible decision. But the guy is still one of the best relief pitchers in MLB, and pitches for a team that places an extremely high value on pitching. He also makes peanuts, and has several years of team control remaining.

He's not going anywhere.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that's not necessarily true. Who would have thought we'd trade Rasmussen? Feyereisen? Thornburg? Granted Williams is better than these guys, but that also likely means we'd get more.

I guess my main point is that Stearns always keeps his options open and will deal if he believes that he can exploit a market inefficiency. Grisham looked like a guy who wasn't going anywhere for awhile too, until he did.