Brewer Fanatic

2021-09-28: Brewers (Woodruff) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers lose, 6-2 -- Cards clinch 2nd wild card]

Eye Black

I guess I don’t get it. They will be off from Sunday to Friday. Next week we will be having the “knock off the rust” discussions.

And now, Hoby Milner? I better just go to bed.

Would normally be the spot they use Strickland in. But he's having a baby.

I hope his wife is the one having the baby

It’s 2021. You’re not allowed to criticize which gender gives birth. C’mon man!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, the Braves have 5 LHP in their bullpen. That’s not ideal from the Brewers standpoint if they end up being the NL East winner.

Playoffs are best on best, I think last I looked they were a 2-2 split in their top 4 relievers. If we're facing anybody besides their top 4 guys it's because we shelled a starter and we're probably doing well in the game. I'm not overly concerned with lh vs rh honestly. We could certainly use a better rh ph off the bench than we'll have but otherwise we'll do fine against lh relievers.

Well, there's a barrage of posts in the post-season thread that say we don't wanna play the Phillies in the playoffs because they beat us a few times in the regular season. So maybe we'll be ok......

Well count me in the club that thinks the Phillies are a much better matchup for the Brewers than the Braves, and would be ecstatic to face anyone but the Dodgers in the NLCS (Red Birds included).

Not just “at Night” anymore.

If there is any team I hate in sports it’s the Cardinals (I’ve had an unhealthy desire to punch Willie McGee in the face since I was 6 in 1982). If this Brewers team with the best pitching in my lifetime gets eliminated from the playoffs by this Cardinals team I’m done with sports forever. I don’t know if this is the time or place for this (sorry mods) but I’m drunk and more bitter than at any time during this season.

Well, there's a barrage of posts in the post-season thread that say we don't wanna play the Phillies in the playoffs because they beat us a few times in the regular season. So maybe we'll be ok......

Well count me in the club that thinks the Phillies are a much better matchup for the Brewers than the Braves, and would be ecstatic to face anyone but the Dodgers in the NLCS (Red Birds included).

I have a close friend who’s a Dodgers fan, and I’ve been telling him all season that I want an NLCS rematch. For some reason I have confidence that this Brewers team would win that series.

Obviously I would be thrilled if the Brewers make the NLCS, but I will be very slightly disappointed if it’s not against the Dodgers.

If there is any team I hate in sports it’s the Cardinals (I’ve had an unhealthy desire to punch Willie McGee in the face since I was 6 in 1982). If this Brewers team with the best pitching in my lifetime gets eliminated from the playoffs by this Cardinals team I’m done with sports forever. I don’t know if this is the time or place for this (sorry mods) but I’m drunk and more bitter than at any time during this season.

The Cardinals would have a LONG way to go before any sort of matchup with the Brewers.

I have a close friend who’s a Dodgers fan, and I’ve been telling him all season that I want an NLCS rematch. For some reason I have confidence that this Brewers team would win that series.

Obviously I would be thrilled if the Brewers make the NLCS, but I will be very slightly disappointed if it’s not against the Dodgers.

Well I very much like the spirit! I don’t know though, the Dodgers are such a complete team. Adding both an MVP and a Cy Young candidate in one fell swoop at the trade deadline was an impactful move to an already strong roster.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Well I very much like the spirit! I don’t know though, the Dodgers are such a complete team. Adding both an MVP and a Cy Young candidate in one fell swoop at the trade deadline was an impactful move to an already strong roster.

I completely agree. And on top of that, the Brewers former MVP is playing at replacement level. If someone told me at the beginning of the season that Yelich would have this kind of year, I would have bet on them finishing 4th in the division. This team has shown something special this year that is championship worthy.

I finished typing all of that, and JBJ steps to the plate. Ugh.

I wonder after tonight they send Milner down and bring up Bettinger/File to spot start to eat innings or use them as a multiple inning relief until Strickland is reinstated

Why would they do that? After tonight, the Brewers have five games in the next ten days! Eat innings? They’ve been managing workload all season. Do we really want these guys not pitching for a week or only pitching an inning or two? I seem out of alignment with you all on all of this.

An amazing turnaround.

Cardinals go from a 1.5% chance of making the playoffs on August 5, and 2.8% on September 7 to clinching a spot with 5 games to spare.

That tops the Brewers 2019 charge when they went from 5% on September 7 to clinching a spot with 4 games to spare.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I wonder after tonight they send Milner down and bring up Bettinger/File to spot start to eat innings or use them as a multiple inning relief until Strickland is reinstated

Why would they do that? After tonight, the Brewers have five games in the next ten days! Eat innings? They’ve been managing workload all season. Do we really want these guys not pitching for a week or only pitching an inning or two? I seem out of alignment with you all on all of this.

Well let's say another starter has only a under 70 pitch limit and only goes 3 or 4 innings they need someone to cover some

Edited by Brewermania101

An amazing turnaround.

Cardinals go from a 1.5% chance of making the playoffs on August 5, and 2.8% on September 7 to clinching a spot with 5 games to spare.

That tops the Brewers 2019 charge when they went from 5% on September 7 to clinching a spot with 4 games to spare.

After which the Brewers lost the wildcard game. I’m cool with that.