Brewer Fanatic

2021-09-28: Brewers (Woodruff) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers lose, 6-2 -- Cards clinch 2nd wild card]

Eye Black

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the radio on, though I'm sort of mindlessly listening. I just heard someone go mmm..MMM! I'm assuming they're talking about either some sort of sausage or CEDAR CREST ICE CREAM! As much ice cream as they pretend to eat, they both oughta be on weight watchers.

Welcome to my radio- only world. No Usinger's or Cedarcrest in New Orleans. I noticed some Pretzilla at one store. Pretty good but ridiculously expensive.

I’d trade local N’awlins cuisine for any Wisconsin food in a heartbeat.

Back on topic - do you guys think Counsell has any pride to play for at this point? Or is he just going to coast into the playoffs. I’m OK with the latter, but man I want these Cardinals beat. Badly.

Just came on to say that I know these games are meaningless but I hate the cards

Same, I want to end their streak so bad. But I know we are not really trying to win. Pulling Woodruff after 4 and going to Gustave in a tie game. Practically giving it to them. But I get it, stay healthy.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I have the radio on, though I'm sort of mindlessly listening. I just heard someone go mmm..MMM! I'm assuming they're talking about either some sort of sausage or CEDAR CREST ICE CREAM! As much ice cream as they pretend to eat, they both oughta be on weight watchers.

Welcome to my radio- only world. No Usinger's or Cedarcrest in New Orleans. I noticed some Pretzilla at one store. Pretty good but ridiculously expensive.

I’d trade local N’awlins cuisine for any Wisconsin food in a heartbeat.

Back on topic - do you guys think Counsell has any pride to play for at this point? Or is he just going to coast into the playoffs. I’m OK with the latter, but man I want these Cardinals beat. Badly.

He's going to try to win these games, but with the caveat that the main goal is keeping guys healthy, fresh, and setting up the rotation for the playoffs.

They really need to take at least one from this team can't lose 7 to this team.

It literally doesn't matter at this point. We have clinched the division. The only thing they have to do is avoid injuries.

Two questions: do you believe the team thinks it doesn’t matter? And if so, why are you and I even watching?

It literally doesn't matter at this point. We have clinched the division. The only thing they have to do is avoid injuries.

Two questions: do you believe the team thinks it doesn’t matter? And if so, why are you and I even watching?

As I said above, I think they're trying to win. I think winning the games is secondary to avoiding injuries and getting guys as rested (as possible) for the playoffs. Within those guidelines, I'm 100% sure they're still trying to win.

Yes they do - hence why Woodruff was pulled with less than 70 pitches and why Adames isn't in the lineup. We're watching cause were Brewers fans (aka suckers) and we love this team even when the game means nothing ;)

Edit: Should have also added that we've seen enough crappy seasons from this team that when the great ones come around I don't wanna miss any of it

Yes they do - hence why Woodruff was pulled with less than 70 pitches and why Adames isn't in the lineup. We're watching cause were Brewers fans (aka suckers) and we love this team even when the game means nothing ;)

Edit: Should have also added that we've seen enough crappy seasons from this team that when the great ones come around I don't wanna miss any of it

I’m watching with the hope of seeing the Crew beat these birds up. No other motivation.

Wainwright is gonna get shelled in the Wild Card game.

We’d better hope so, because I honestly don’t think we have a chance against the cardinals if we play them in the NLCS.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Wainwright is gonna get shelled in the Wild Card game.

We’d better hope so, because I honestly don’t think we have a chance against the cardinals if we play them in the NLCS.

Well they gotta get by the Dodgers and Giants first. They are going to be sizable underdogs against both.

Eddie Rosario just made one of the worst missed/dropped fly ball botches I’ve seen by a big league outfielder to give the Phillies hope in the 9th. Still 2-0 Braves, but Phils have the bases loaded with one out in the 9th.

Edit: Make it 2-1, but now 2 outs with runners at the corners.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I guess I don’t get it. They will be off from Sunday to Friday. Next week we will be having the “knock off the rust” discussions.

And now, Hoby Milner? I better just go to bed.

Would normally be the spot they use Strickland in. But he's having a baby.

I hope his wife is the one having the baby