Brewer Fanatic

NLDS Pitching Rotation

rickh150

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who thought Hader might now go 2 innings in the playoffs after not doing it all season

https://www.mlb.com/news/josh-hader-2021-postseason-role

Not a surprise, but all bets are off in an elimination game.

I would bet that Counsell would absolutely bring in Hader in the 8th inning of an elimination game if the situation warranted. Saying in advance that he would do it would hint at a lack of confidence in the other relievers.

But, with a one run lead and two outs in the 8th inning of game 5 and Freddie Freeman at the plate I would expect Hader to get a call.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Off day to mull over who will start. I think CC goes Freddy on a short leash just because of his stuff being so good.

The Braves struggles vs. lefties is the one thing holding me on Lauer. I said I wanted him on the mound in a 1-1 series. Now, I'm waffling.

Trust the team on this one. Offense is going to need to put up at least 3 either way, I think.

It all boils down to pitching both Woody and Burnes two games. One would have to go on three days rest, and I am all for that, even if it means a shorter outing.

GAME 1 Friday- Burnes

Game 2 Sat.- Woody

Off

Game 3 Monday- Peralta/Lauer

Game 4 Tuesday- Burnes

Off

Game 5 Thurs- Woody

Just go with your horses. Hader too. We have pitched 26 innings and Strickland is pitching more than Hader so far. No use to save them if it’s it tomorrow. Burnes and Hader tomorrow. Hader goes 2. Woody on Thursday with regular rest.

Brewers have 11 pitchers on their roster. If they could fill those spots with any 11 pitchers from MLB history, would they score enough to win?

I say yes, but only because Bumgarner and Shohei could hit....

Seriously, though, I do like our changes tomorrow. I really think we're gonna end up winning this series while being outscored 9-8. 4-2 tomorrow. 2-0 Thursday.