Brewer Fanatic

2021-09-26: Mets (Carrasco) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers win, 8-4 -- Crew captures NL Central Division Championship]

Eye Black

Brewers put up an 8-spot on Ryan Braun Day and clinch the division championship on the final regular season home game of 2021. Storybook stuff today.

This site sure could use the 'like' feature. A lot of good posts on this page that don't require a lot of "I agree". This is the best one so far. I made a joke about watching earlier but as it turned out I didn't watch at all today even though I was checking in on my phone every 10 minutes or so. Once you get used to the Brewers not being available on Hulu, you miss a lot of games and checking in is sometimes your only option. It sucks.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those at the game today are they indeed showing the Cubs-Cardinals score on the outfield scoreboard? I assume they would, but thought it was an interesting question that came up yesterday.

I didn't see it on the scoreboard until the sixth inning, but then again scoreboard watching was hardly a priority for me.

A play you don’t see very often almost ended the Cubs game and got Schildt ejected.

It involved an infield fly rule pop up.

I'm trying to figure this out on gameday, what happened?

1st and 2nd one out. Batter hits pop up and infield fly rule called.

Arenado falls down. Ball lands fair.

Cubs runners not understanding infield fly rule take off. Arenado throws to third but fielder doesn’t realize there’s no force and just steps on bag and throws to second where fielder does same thing. So, runners are safe at second and third, but runner on second thinks he’s out and steps off and is tagged.

Umps rule time was called so runner couldn’t be tagged out. So, play continues with runners on second and third and two out. Wild.

Happ strikes out to end game.

https://www.mlb.com/news/cardinals-win-after-infield-fly-rule-confusion

At first I was wondering why time was called so quickly since the cubs runner never even stopped on the base, but I'm guessing it was because the ump mistakenly called him out whereas if he had called him safe the player would have, likely, made an attempt to stay on the bag.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sweep the Mets this weekend, and those games against the Cardinals next week don't matter in the least, regardless of what the Cardinals do against the Cubs.

Yeah and maybe Santa Claus will come down your chimminy on Monday. :laughing

RRB - Remember leave out some cookies tonight because Santa Claus is coming to town! :)