Brewer Fanatic

2021-09-25: Mets (Hill) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Burnes remains dominant]

Eye Black

Glad the Cardinals won today really. I get to witness history in person tomorrow.

Of course Shildt and company are such rotten turd burglars they'll probably lose on purpose tomorrow as quick as possible just to steal the Brewers thunder and make their win anti climatic.

Fine with me. At that point, they can get drunk mid-game for all I care.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad the Cardinals won today really. I get to witness history in person tomorrow.

Of course Shildt and company are such rotten turd burglars they'll probably lose on purpose tomorrow as quick as possible just to steal the Brewers thunder and make their win anti climatic.

Fine with me. At that point, they can get drunk mid-game for all I care.

I'll bet they won't ever post the score of their game at all on the scoreboard.

Brewers need a solid 8 innings from Burnes tonight.

No, they don't.

Guess not. They got away with 7. I was hoping they could go right to Hader without having to risk an inning with Boxberger given his recent troubles.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Was Taylor running hard down the line on that DP? Seems like it should’ve been a little closer than that.

EDIT: Never mind, it was just a tailor-made double play.

Actually, it was Taylor made.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Soft tossing lefties must salivate when they see they are scheduled to pitch against the Brewers.

It’s so frustrating seeing the wild swings they take against someone like Hill. Then when they do make contact the timing is just off and the pitch is so slow and you end up with 300 foot fly outs.

In the ninth inning I was wishing that I didn’t remember that Peraza hit the HR against Hader that gave him his only blown save of the season. Especially after Hader looked to be overthrowing to Villar.

Just one more.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The score will be on the scoreboard. This isn’t like this is Game 162 tomorrow. The divisional race is over…no need to make needing to win tomorrow more dramatic than it is.

This is where I'm at. Keeping the score off the scoreboard is just creating extra and unnecessary drama.

The score will be on the scoreboard. This isn’t like this is Game 162 tomorrow. The divisional race is over…no need to make needing to win tomorrow more dramatic than it is.

This is where I'm at. Keeping the score off the scoreboard is just creating extra and unnecessary drama.

Not to mention that in today’s world there will be many people checking scores on their phones getting updates and status reports beyond the flashes that appear on the left field message boards.

If the Cards were to lose before the Brewers game ends, a lot of people will know it and pass the word along. And, of course, Counsell and the players will be told.