Brewer Fanatic

Strange rule interpretation...

nullbyte

So I'm up to bat, late in the game.. two men on base in a tight one. First pitch is well short, hits the front of the plate. The second catches the outside corner and goes for a strike. The next pitch is inside, moving me back. At this point I'm remembering the pitcher's control issues throughout the game and making sure I don't swing for something unhittable -- a walk would be good. The other team all gathers around first base to confer... and I wait a good 45 seconds. In my head I see a display pop up over to the right of first base:

--- top of arc | | | | | | | --- crosses plate (about waist level) | --- release point | | | | 

Nice ASCII lines, just like that. Kind of weird, but I'm still waiting for a pitch. Then a ball comes in from over there, on the foul side of first base, and crosses in front of me where the catcher gets it to my left.

From near second base, the ump calls strike two.. I'm done.

Not wanting to get Jamie ejected, I yell to the ump, as respectfully as I can, how he could have seen that. He says he saw it well enough. Inexplicably, without asking how a pitch can come from anywhere but the "mound," I take my seat.. knowing Jimbo will be marking down my K.

Man, dreams are weird.

Archived