Brewer Fanatic

2021-09-24: Mets (Megill) at Brewers (Lauer) [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Lauer gives the Crew 6.2 solid innings; Wong, Adames, & Yelich each homer]

Eye Black

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is surprising. I can't remember the last time Counsell has sent a guy back out there with 100+ pitches.

Why didn’t he send houser out last night

Based on his facial expressions he wished that he had.

Or he is regretting that chili cheese burrito.

This is surprising. I can't remember the last time Counsell has sent a guy back out there with 100+ pitches.

Why didn’t he send houser out last night

I was wondering the same thing. Might have tried to get too cute yesterday, and it burned them.

Yep, he has had a quick hook with Houser at times this year to avoid him facing LH hitters a 3rd time but I think he just thought it was in the bag yesterday.

Yep, he has had a quick hook with Houser at times this year to avoid him facing LH hitters a 3rd time but I think he just thought it was in the bag yesterday.

In his defense, yesterday turned into an epic trainwreck the likes of which we haven't seen out of this team all season. Just a perfect storm of terribleness. Even the most pessimistic of fans couldn't have predicted that.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Lauer and Houser have really been unbelievable. It’s hard to imagine how this team can lose 5 straight with this starting rotation.

This entire season of Starting pitching has been unbelievable - even Anderson gave us anomalous outings here and there with 7 ip and 8k.

The developments across the board - Lauer and Houser stabilizing and thriving obviously at the top of the list - has been such a pleasant thing to witness. I mean, Lauer has been legit awesome since his recall. It's such a great story.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

In his defense, yesterday turned into an epic trainwreck the likes of which we haven't seen out of this team all season. Just a perfect storm of terribleness. Even the most pessimistic of fans couldn't have predicted that.

Absolutely agreed. I would say until last night, tho the bullpen had some hiccups recently, they were still reliable for the most part and a strength. After last night, trust needs to be restored and CC finds himself having to grapple with that.

Absolutely agreed. I would say until last night, tho the bullpen had some hiccups recently, they were still reliable for the most part and a strength. After last night, trust needs to be restored and CC finds himself having to grapple with that.

That may be true, but Houser had another inning in him, no doubt about it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It sure looks like our rotation is loaded for next season.

I'm even expecting a better season from Houser and Lauer than this one, add in Ashby?

My my my...

They might have to try and flip an arm for an RBI bat in the offseason.

I like the depth though, losing just one of those guys to injury puts us in a position of need at pitching again.

I hope they keep all 6 of them, and go a different route for a bat.

Anderson has to be gone for good.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It sure looks like our rotation is loaded for next season.

I'm even expecting a better season from Houser and Lauer than this one, add in Ashby?

My my my...

They might have to try and flip an arm for an RBI bat in the offseason.

I like the depth though, losing just one of those guys to injury puts us in a position of need at pitching again.

I hope they keep all 6 of them, and go a different route for a bat.

Anderson has to be gone for good.

3/4 of the infield looks really good. If Taylor's a big-leaguer, the offense looks alright as is. Hiura looking like a bust hurts. Depends what we think of Tellez long-term, I guess.

3/4 of the infield looks really good. If Taylor's a big-leaguer, the offense looks alright as is. Hiura looking like a bust hurts. Depends what we think of Tellez long-term, I guess.

I can't imagine Escobar is looking at an enormous deal this offseason, and he is seemingly a really nice fit as a guy who can play all over. I'd definitely make a big effort to bring him back.