Brewer Fanatic

2021-09-24: Mets (Megill) at Brewers (Lauer) [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Lauer gives the Crew 6.2 solid innings; Wong, Adames, & Yelich each homer]

Eye Black

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any season ticket holder that can tell me how early entry works with a guest this year? I have never actually done it in any year and I can't recall if there was a special all digital procedure this year if you bring a guest. Anyone done it this year and know how I will have to do it tomorrow?

I've always heard that, no matter how many times you toss the coin, the odds for the next toss are still 50-50.

Actually, one needs to know the exact pre-flip probability before saying that the odds are 50/50. In real life, knowing the exact pre-flip probability is much harder than it sounds in theoretical math land. In theoretical math land, one just says "assume that this coin is fair and has a 50% of landing on a heads or a tail on any individual flip." In that land if I flip a coin and it turns up heads 23 straight times, I throw my hands up and go "WOW, what are the odds of that happening..well the odds are 1 in 2 to the 23rd power!!! That's an amazing statistical anomaly!!"

In real life land, by somewhere between the 6th and the 8th straight "heads" outcome, an observer starts to think that the original assumption of a "fair, 50-50 coin" might not actually be true...by the 15th straight heads call they are REALLY sure the original assumption was false. So, the more you toss a coin that doesn't show a 50/50 outcome, the less likely it is that the coin is a fair 50/50 coin. That's hard to think about though...

Thanks! I knew it couldn't be too simple.

I hope the Brewers clinch this weekend...

...but imagine it's the last game of the year. The Dodgers have lost the West. Brewers lead the Central by one game. The Dodgers decide they'd rather play Saint Louis and toss out four position player pitchers. The Cardinals Way would not know what to do (neither would the whole baseball world for that matter)...

More runs!

Yelich batting 3rd. Counsell knows he's due.

What he should know is how mediocre Yelich has been for 2 years now. And how sadly predictable is is that Taylor would sit after hitting 2 home runs ?

Yelich was due.

"It's ok not to be superstitious but you should be a little stitious." - adambr2 6/4/21

What he should know is how mediocre Yelich has been for 2 years now. And how sadly predictable is is that Taylor would sit after hitting 2 home runs ?

Yelich was due.

"It's ok not to be superstitious but you should be a little stitious." - adambr2 6/4/21

Yelich was due.

Yelich was due.